Produce a more powerful battery unit

Up to now, the most powerful battery that Bluetti has on sale is the B300 3 kWh model, being sold and produce now. So the next model should be a 5 kWh size, maybe calling it the B500, and have the same communications protocol to work with the AC300 controller. Make it have the same length and width to be stackable as the B300.

Bluetti Power can then announce their most powerful system with 10 kW of immediate power, and a total of 40 kWh of energy, enough to beat any gas powered generator for large homes and business usage.

Finally, make the B500 use able with the AC300 controller so present and future owners can add the B500 to their systems.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t the EP500 the largest model currently in production?

I am writing about the Bluetti battery pack for AC300 owners as an add on. So if the EP500 does have a 5 kWh battery inside, making that as an add on is possible.

I still don’t understand why the AC300 can’t use a B230, especially since a 200Max can use either the 230 or the 300. This is especially problematic in times when 300s are unavailable but the 230s are. If there’s a hard technical reason, OK, but it seems like the AC300 should be able to do it if the 200Max can.

1 Like

As an EE and a user, I agree. Bluetti must design all their controllers and external batteries cross compatible so a customer can buy and mix battery sizes according to financial resources and needs.

3 Likes

@Raymondjram @ziggy29 Thank you for your suggestions. I will repeat your ideas to our team. Thanks again for your faithful advice. :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

The B300 is around 75lb, a B500 will be 130lb and be impractical for any one person to carry. In fact, the B300 is already only barely portable. Not sure if I really want larger batteries, maybe just more batteries is better.

The AC300 can be linked together to provide split phase 6kW output. That combined with multiple B300 unit should be sufficient for most homes backup use, it a smaller off grid home full time use.

Maybe you cannot but there are applications and consumers (including myself) who need more storage and can handle 130 lb 5 kWh batteries. Another suggestion is to allow AC300 to manage and control more than four B300 batteries, maybe up to eight for 24 kWh at 120 VAC or 48 kWh in split phase 240 VAC applications. And with 5 kWh batteries up to 80 kWh!

Either way, there are needs for more energy storage to completely eliminate gas and Diesel generators. This is where Bluetti should aim to achieve.

1 Like

While I agree I personally would not want a 130lb battery, that does not mean that Bluetti should not make them. A line of different sizes seems like a no brainer to me. I think there is a place for a 1KWh “baby” battery as well.

The modularity Bluetti has introduced is excellent. Why not make a line of batteries to really flex that modularity?

2 Likes

Today I read that Bluetti has designed the B500 as I suggested in October 2021. And the weight is not as heavy as expected. I read that they weigh over 90 pounds (over 40 kg) each, so it is very difficult for a single person to carry it (I can!). Now we need to know how much will it cost and if the EB900 can read and manage the older B300 units, just as the AC500 can.

Very cool. This is potentially a viable competitor to Tesla PowerWall, LG and SolarEdge home storage units

I really hope they come up with a mode that can interface with electric car and use a V2G/V2L capable EV as an additional battery storage. Bluetti provides a big and feature rich solar charger, battery handler and inverter, combined with a smallish battery 5-10kWh for buffer, uses the EV battery (50-100kWh) as the main storage.

The new EP900 is much more than a “viable competitor” to the Tesla Powerwall because it uses the superior lithium iron phosphate chemistry, cost much less, is modular, and much easier to install. Just go to the Tesla home page, search for the Powerwall installation guide (it is complex even for me as an Engineer!), and you will understand what I am writing about. As a layperson you cannot install the Powerwall, since Tesla will not even let you do it.

Totally agree. I have been deep into the tesla power walls and ultimately decided against it after being on the wait list for years. LFP chemistry is better for stationary use where longevity and safety is more important than density.