Junction box for MC4

I Maybe I’m dense, but I’ve been unable to find a junction box to get the MC4 connection from the solar panels, through the wall into the house then plug into the Bluetti. What have others done for this? Pictures and/or part numbers would be very helpful.

Remove the MC4 cable connections from the cable and make a small hole in the desired location. Feed the cable through whatever method you have chosen for protection and then install new MC4 connectors on the end of the cable at the desired location.

I used these little fellows: serach for this at Amazon
B09Y8NTB1X
You of course need a hole in the Wall nevertheless bit with Silicone fom the inside this is bugthight.

Thank you for that part number. It is most unfortunate that there doesn’t exist a proper junction or combiner box which has a circuit breaker and lightning suppressor for this application. Solar panels provide a large amount of electricity and can kill. It seems this is because these Solar Generators are designed as portable and NOT to be set in a permanent spot in the house. Just drilling a whole through the wall is a poor solution.

1 Like

https://www.invertersupply.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=28174&gclid=Cj0KCQjw1ZeUBhDyARIsAOzAqQKuaobfro1AT5_tMDaI_e-bwO2xdJr_6iOKN5FKcZdoK0sU_586NvoaAp12EALw_wcB

Does your home have any unused antenna pipes? I am installing a PV panel for my MIL AC300 unit so it can charge with solar power. Her home is made of reinforced concrete so there is no way I can drill a hole through a six inch thick concrete hard roof. But there is a pipe for antenna wiring that feeds into the living room which is close to where the AC300 is placed. So I just have to feed twin 14 AWG wire through.the same pipe that feeds the antenna wire. Then attach MC4 connectors on both ends.

I put DC breakers on the outisde wall and came into the house with metal conduit. Didn’t need to fish the MC4’s thru any conduit.