Issues with Bluetti AC200Max Solar Charging - Voltage Drops and Reduced Power

Hi everyone,

I’ve been experiencing some issues with my Bluetti AC200Max when charging via solar panels. I noticed that it doesn’t consistently charge at the full power of 900 watts, even under full sunlight. Instead, the power drops significantly to around 585 watts, and the voltage decreases from over 100 volts to around 40 volts. This happens even when the battery is at about 65% capacity.

Here are some additional details:

• Temperature: The ambient temperature in my home is around 28 degrees Celsius (82 degrees Fahrenheit).
  • Initial Charging: When I disconnect and reconnect the solar input, the system initially uses the panels at higher power (around 700-800 watts), but then it quickly drops back to a steady 585 watts.
  • Panels: The panels are clean and positioned correctly to maximize sunlight exposure.

I suspect this might be some sort of protective mechanism to prevent overheating or overcharging, but I’m not entirely sure. Has anyone else experienced similar issues or have any insights on why this might be happening? Any advice or troubleshooting tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

@Darek May I have the SN and the firmware version of your AC200MAX?

@Darek I’m sorry that the DSP version is the latest one. Did you do a full cycle of charge and discharge? Please completely drain the battery until it automatically shuts down, and then charge it with AC until it is fully charged and automatically shuts down to test.

I noticed that the system lowers the voltage after some time, which reduces the charging power. Initially, it has 90 volts, but the voltage slowly drops to 40 volts. Even though the conditions and sunlight would allow for full power charging, the charging power stops exceeding 600 watts, and the voltage hovers around 40 volts.

I followed the recommended steps and completely discharged the battery, then charged it fully using the AC cable - nothings change

Hi @Darek, we wonder if the problem is resolved, if you need help, please provide the order number to us via message. Then we will apply for further service for you.

At the moment, the issue is being handled by the Bluetti distributor in Poland. I am waiting for a resolution.

1 Like