Ios app 1.3 bluetooth not working anymore

The previous app was wonderfull in the way I could just connect to bluetooth to check the status of my AC300…

Now, with version 1.3, it seems that an online account is a requirement, and upon registering, the app does not discover my AC300 anymore. A few minutes ago, the old app could connect without problems…
Bluetooth is enabled on both the AC300 and on my iPad, and the app has privileges to access bluetooth in ios settings…

I still have the older app on another device, and it connects without problem, so I must be doing something wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

Side question : Now that you enforce the use of an online account, what would happen if my internet is down ? Will the app still connect ?

1 Like

I have the same issue on Android. Had to downgrade.

Tap on the Bluetooth icon in the list of devices, not just on the line item. It has to be on the icon itself.

1 Like

Upon further investigation, the new app needs a connection to the bluetti server, and so the app does not work at all when not connected to the internet.
What a pitty.

My phone has now also installed the new app with no option to downgrade… so the app became useless to me.

If bluetti would be so kind to include an offline option, that would be very welcome.

1 Like

Same here, on Android. Woke up this morning, app updated automatically overnight. The app is useless. I have an AC200M at a campsite in a rural area. Tried to create an account but no verification emails came through.

We need the ability to not have to login back.

Dear BLUETTI backers,

Thank you very much for all the useful feedback above. We have submitted it to the relevant APP development department and they are working on it. We hope BLUETTI APP will be improved soon.

If you haven’t updated yet, it is recommended not to update the latest version and use the previous version.

Thanks for your kind understandings.

@BLUETTI
This was posted in October, it is now January, still no fix? I just bought my AC300, the app worked great until a few days ago when it auto-updated. Now the app is useless. I am NOT happy about having to go to the device and look at tiny screen each time I need to see data.

1 Like

@BLUETII I just ran into this limitation as well on Android app version 1.3.8. Our installation is very much on the fringe of cell phone service. It is very frustrating to find the app requires an Internet connection to function at all. The result is we have to go outside in any weather, around the house to the basement entrance, and back inside to interact with the batteries. If the app only needed Bluetooth, we could stay in the living space just above the batteries. On the occasion that cell phone service does work, we find we are in Bluetooth range and the app works. But again, cell phone service is not at all reliable in our location so Internet access comes and goes and app functionality along with it.

Emmm… So @Tree , maybe there is the solution to get 2 types of using mode. One for Online Using, so when the products may need wifi or internet to control will be nice. Another one for Offline mode, when environment around without Internet connection could still have a few functions to control the products. Is that right?

Are you dependent on cell phone service for Internet? Never heard of doing that.
I too have terrible cell reception so when I upgraded my latest iphone I made sure it that had “wifi calling” to make calls through my Cable Internet.
I find that Bluetooth works great for the Bluetti. Using the app through wifi has a bit of a lag opening while Bluetooth is instant.

@dongeyoung Yes, 2 modes would be great. Currently the app only works if you have Internet access on your phone. It would be perfect if the app worked with or without Internet access.

@St8kout I’m not the OP. But, in our case, there is no Internet access at our location (no grid power, no water/sewage service, no trash pickup, etc). Cell service sometimes works so we have a taste of Internet connectivity from time to time on our phones but it is out more often that it is in. If Internet is needed on the laptop, we drive into town. Battery systems like this are targeted at nomadic and remote off-grid life. It seems crazy that the app requires your phone to have cell service just to talk to the Bluetti over Bluetooth.

We can play music (already downloaded to our phones) over Bluetooth speakers. Why would local management of the Bluetti systems be any different.

We are bringing Starlink Internet online in the near future so that will certainly help our situation.

My AC300 has stopped connecting to Bluetooth as well. What’s the latest remedy?

I have a EB3A, but have the same issue, cannot connect via Bluetooth when there is no internet access. However, I found a solution. If you log out of your account in the app first, then you can connect directly using Bluetooth. Not sure if that also works for the AC300, but worth a try. Log out of your account on the app, the. Try to connect locally using Bluetooth.

When I got my AC500 some weeks ago, I wasn’t able to set up Internet access because Bluetti would not accept an “=” sign in my SSID (it’s since been corrected). So all I had was Bluetooth, and through my ipad which does not have cell access.

I can’t imagine why you can’t connect through Bluetooth independently of Internet or cell service.

My iphone connects just fine to the AC500 through Internet, even while I’m using my ipad with Bluetooth. Both at the same time. The only thing it won’t let me do is use Bluetooth on BOTH iphone and ipad at the same time. (That also happens on other gadgets; it’s either iphone or ipad, not both at the same time with Bluetooth.)

There is a bug in the Bluetti app that if you are logged in, won’t let it work with local Bluetooth or Wifi only as it tries to check with Bluetti server.

The solution if you do not have internet access is to log out of your account on the app, then use local Bluetooth or Wifi to connect.