Inside RV rewiring Outside plug-in outlet TO THE INSIDE for (to) enable hookup to bluetti power station

RV inside rewiring Outside plug-in outlet TO THE INSIDE for (to) enable hookup to bluetti power station.
I have a ( 20RDSE } Cherokee Grey Wolf ( Forest River ) and am trying to figure out how I should go about accessing the inside wiring to the 30amp outside RV power source outlet.

I’m not sure whether I should go through behind the breaker panel (which is below the fridge) or behind the outside outlet itself and run the added plug/outlet somewhere else. The plan is to be able to hook up to my Bluetti from within the rv.

I do not have an rv and don’t know what is involved. I do have a house with a transfer switch with an external generator plug outlet. The outlet was directly hardwired with 30a 10awg wiring to the inside transfer switch.

I purchased a pair of bluetti ac300s. So I needed to connect the bluetti to the transfer switch from the inside but did not want to lose the outlet generator connection.

I used a 10foot 30a extension chord. Spliced it in 2. You need to determine where to splice for your connection convenience. I went and disconnected the wire leading from outside to the transfer switch. The outside outlet is a plug so the wire leading inside I spliced on the receptacle end of the split extension. Now the outside plug’s other end is an inside receptacle. Just like an extension chord would be. On the transfer switch side of the disconnected wire, I spliced on the plug side of the extension.

When I want to use the exterior generator outlet, I just connect the inside plug to the inside outlet that is hardwired to the exterior plug/extension.

When I want to use the transfer switch with the bluetti inside, I connect transfer switch plug to the bluetti. If you splice the extension so the plug side is longer, it should reach either the outside or the bluetti’s placement inside.

I hope I explained it well. In regards to the rv specifics, it should be similar to my transfer switch.

Hope this is helpful.
Good luck,

Thanks! Maintaining that outside connection, splicing the male plug onto the aforementioned wiring(within wall behind fridge and/or breaker panel), female receptacle onto cord that’s to be plugged into the Bluetti [is the intention/plan]. All sounds good, my RV forum is yet to respond regarding potential better location for access to splice (there may be space limitations).

| t4602yf
February 18 |

• | - |

I do not have an rv and don’t know what is involved. I do have a house with a transfer switch with an external generator plug outlet. The outlet was directly hardwired with 30a 10awg wiring to the inside transfer switch.

I purchased a pair of bluetti ac300s. So I needed to connect the bluetti to the transfer switch from the inside but did not want to lose the outlet generator connection.

I used a 10foot 30a extension chord. Spliced it in 2. You need to determine where to splice for your connection convenience. I went and disconnected the wire leading from outside to the transfer switch. The outside outlet is a plug so the wire leading inside I spliced on the receptacle end of the split extension. Now the outside plug’s other end is an inside receptacle. Just like an extension chord would be. On the transfer switch side of the disconnected wire, I spliced on the plug side of the extension.

When I want to use the exterior generator outlet, I just connect the inside plug to the inside outlet that is hardwired to the exterior plug/extension.

When I want to use the transfer switch with the bluetti inside, I connect transfer switch plug to the bluetti. If you splice the extension so the plug side is longer, it should reach either the outside or the bluetti’s placement inside.

I hope I explained it well. In regards to the rv specifics, it should be similar to my transfer switch.

Hope this is helpful.
Good luck,