Homologation home network MPPT (EU-norm, BEL)

BLUETTI AC200MAX disposes of a homologation certificate for EU-conformity.
With the eye on homologation of a home network in Belgium, one needs conformity of the MPPT-controller with a list of existing and by Synergrid homologated MPPT-controllers.
Bluetti doesn’t figure in that list.

My question:
Which brandname of MPPT-controller is built in, in the AC200MAX. Maybe it has a homologation, and a name (other than ‘Bluetti’; maybe it is a third party designed controller?) If that name is on the list of Synergrid, that would make the homologation less complex.

Does anyone know?

Welcome to the forum @Helene_Wolf !

Unfortunately I do not know the specific mppt controller brand that is internal to the ac200max. I havent had the reason to open mine up yet to look. haha I know theres people out there that have figured out a way to tap into the wireless signal for this type of usecase tho. Thats beyond my scope of knowledge tho for sure. If I can stumble across the youtube video I saw of a user doing such, I will come back here and tag you in it.

Hall @Helene_Wolf

Die AC200MAX wird nie ein Certificat für Synergrid C10/C11 erhalten und benötigen,
da die AC200MAX nicht Netzsynchron - Netzgekoppelt einspeisen kann und darf.
Und die DIN V VDE V O126-1-1:2006 + A1:2012 & Synergrid C10/C11 hat nichts mit MPPT zu tun.
The AC200MAX will never get and need a certificate for Synergrid C10/C11,
because the AC200MAX cannot and is not allowed to feed in grid synchronous - grid coupled.
And the DIN V VDE V O126-1-1:2006 + A1:2012 & Synergrid C10/C11 has nothing to do with MPPT.

Siehe…

(Deutsch ist nicht meine Muttersprache; mit Hilfe von Google Translate)

Danke schön, jockel66. Ich werde das Dokument mit großem Interesse lesen.

Die Absicht ist, mit einem ‘break-before-make’-Schalter zu arbeiten.
Prinzipiell ist das Ziel eine netzunabhängige Lösung zu schaffen, bei der 2 Stromkreise in einem gewöhnlichen, netzgekoppelten Sicherungskasten komplett auf 0 gesetzt werden können (über oben genannten Schalter), und der Bluetti über eine separate Sicherung Strom liefern kann über einen CEE/Schuko-Stecker an diese 2 getrennten Stromkreise.
Diese Lösung bedeutet, dass ich mein Haus nicht mit zusätzlichen Steckdosen und einem neuen Sicherungskasten ausstatten muss, wenn ich mehrere kleinere Geräte im ganzen Haus mit Solarenergie betreiben möchte.

Eine Überprüfung des Sicherungskastens könnte dazu führen, dass die Zulassungsbescheinigung angefordert wird, obwohl der Prüfer eine solche netzunabhängige Anordnung grundsätzlich nicht bei der Überprüfung des netzgekoppelten Netzes beurteilen sollte. Ich bin Red Teaming für den Fall eines Worst-Case-Szenarios während des Audits. Ihre Antwort ist daher von großem Wert.

Ich werde nicht komplett netzunabhängig funktionieren, aber der Bluetti-Strom und der Netzstrom werden niemals gemischt.

Die neuen Bluetti EP500 und EP900 sind für Haushalte mit ein USV-Modul vorgesehen, in welchem ​​Fall Bluetti den EU-Markt gemäß den angegebenen Standards pro Land am besten erfüllen würde.
(German is not my native language; using Google Translate)

Thank you, jockel66. I will read the document with great interest.

The intention is to work with a ‘break-before-make’ switch.
In principle, the goal is to create a grid-independent solution in which 2 circuits in a normal, grid-connected fuse box can be completely set to 0 (via the switch mentioned above), and the Bluetti can supply power via a separate fuse via a CEE/Schuko plug to these 2 separate circuits.
This solution means I don’t have to outfit my house with extra outlets and a new fuse box if I want to solar power several smaller appliances around the house. I will not be completely off-grid, but the Bluetti power and the mains power will never be mixed.

A check of the fuse box could result in the registration certificate being requested, although in principle the examiner should not judge such an off-grid arrangement when checking the grid-tied system.
I’m red teaming and thus preparing for a worst-case scenario during the audit. So your answer is of great value.

The new Bluetti EP500 and EP900 are intended for households with a UPS module, in which case Bluetti would best serve the EU market according to the standards indicated per country.

@Helene_Wolf Since BLUETTI is not on the list, it is even less likely that the MPPT controller is on the list. :joy:
What specific EU certification document do you need? Is it something like CE or RoHS?

@BLUETTI
It would be a plus if Bluetti contacted Synergrid and filled out all papers for homologation of it’s devices. It would make it much easier for the customer.
This is the official institution for homologation of grid-tied devices/elements in Belgium and these are the requirements for homologation:
Homologation procedure
Conformity document
The forum blocked this post previously, but this is about de official organ in Belgium for homologation; this is not commercial content.

1 Like

I replied to your post, but the forum keeps blocking it. It is a BELGIAN conformity attestation, probed by Synergrid, the official Belgian instance for homologation of electrical material, cf. AREI.

@Helene_Wolf Thank you for the further explanation. I have sent it to the relevant colleague responsible for the machine certification file. Thanks again for your suggestion.

1 Like

@Helene_Wolf Does this require grid-tie certification?
Sorry that AC200MAX does not support grid-tied.

I’ve informed myself in meantime. In Belgium every installation that can possible be grid-tied needs to be homologated. The AC200MAX doesn’t need to be certified if it stays completely non-connected to the grid. A break-before-make switch is enough to consider the unit as non-connected. So connecting the unit to a few circuits of the home is ok, as long as no current could flow from/to the grid. I think that for the next generation-power installations, Bluetti needs to be aware of this, especially with the power generators with home/grid-solutions (and home panels). But for AC200MAX in combination with a break-before-make it is not necessary to homologate the system.