Generator for bikes with bluetti eb70

I would like to buy this generator for bikes, to be able to charge the bluetti when it is cloudy and the solar panels are unable to produce energy.
Can it be connected? I would like some advice?
Thank you

It may be difficult to charge in because the frequency is unstable. The output frequency of the bike generator has to be within the input frequency range of EB70 before it can be charged.

2 Likes

I had imagined something like this.
What is the frequency range of the EB 70
Is there anything to make this output stable?

@orzowei Im not super familiar with this but that use case definitely intrigues me! haha You could possible try using some sort of regulator inline from the bike and the eb70? Maybe something like this…??

Keep us posted on your findings!! This would be pretty awesome! haha

2 Likes

I think a stabilizer like that is already included.
stabilizer

@orzowei Gotcha. Yea I would just confirm that the output is in fact within the range of the eb70 input (12-28v) with a multimeter before plugging it in, but I dont see why it wouldn’t work then! haha please make sure you get some video of this after you get it setup and working! I am soo looking forward to seeing the outcome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t buy it just because I’m still not sure if it works or worse it does damage.
If I buy it I will for sure

1 Like

Very sorry for the confusion.
This bike is a DC input, that has nothing to do with frequency.
The output voltage of this bike generator is in line with the DC input voltage range of the machine and it will charge.

3 Likes

Is it enough to connect directly into a cigarette lighter socket like this? Or is it better to put a fuse?

@orzowei No fuse is needed, so it will work.:)

1 Like

@orzowei Yea as @BLUETTI mentioned, the eb70s has a built in overvoltage protection within the bms that should cut off the unit.

Really keen to hear and see the outcome of this experiment. It might give me the incentive to get back on my exercise bike.

Maybe Bluetti could branch out into bicycle input devices

2 Likes

@Rods thats a pretty interesting idea! And then @BLUETTI can pair up with big gyms with a system that’d generate the power for their businesses. And each customer can get a discount on their monthly membership, based on how many watthours they can produce individually while cycling on the bikes! haha I love it!

2 Likes

I used to work for an electricity company and they had an exhibit of an exercise bike hooked up to an alternator and 4 x 60W bulbs

The idea was you would start riding and increase the resistance one bulb at a time. Very few got to four bulbs and even fewer stayed on it for long.

1 Like

@Rods Nice! Yea I dont know exactly how efficient they are but I could totally seeing it being a nice little “game or competition” to have going on. And I bet it would actually add up across the board! Ive seen some of those classes having 20-30 members with different classes going on all day long!

1 Like

Yes I saw a UK doco where they ran a house for 24 hours with a large group of riders and there are/were some US gyms run by exercise machines

2 Likes

If you look on the seller’s website, there are also videos.
if you can produce even just 100w a day, when it’s cloudy I can charge the bluetti eb series.
Obviously it can’t be enough to charge a more powerful bluetti. To charge the BLuetti AC 300 it would take the tour de france.

1 Like

However I see that the discussion is interesting!

2 Likes