Generator charging

Hi everyone,
I am having trouble trying to charge my Bluetti ac300 with 4 b300 batteries with a generator. I had a 6500 Gensafe generator which is not pure sine wave and it would not work with it. I then had discussions with the shop i bought the Bluetti from and they suggested a 3000 w pure sine wave generator, so i bought the Kings 3000w pure sine wave inverter generator. Still won’t charge. What is wrong, any ideas.
Regards, Kev.

Have your grounded your 3000W pure sine wave generator?

1. Don’t you have to get a specific code from Bluetti to charge with a generator (any???), to change the input settings?
  2. Are you at zero and it shuts off and won’t charge? Or just charge in general?
    Not sure but I heard Bluetti wants you to charge from zero with grid power if at zero-WHICH is an issue with me because I want to be completely off the grid, so I am not sure how that would work… hope that can be rectified.
    Just throwing stuff out there

Yes i have, i have an earth wire going from the generator earth screw to a grounding rod in the ground.

Not that i am aware of. I need to be able to recharge my system on a generator in cloudy and bad weather as i am going to take my house off grid early next year so need to be able to charge my 4 batteries with a generator when i need to as 2000watts of solar just isn’t enough to charge them in poor light conditions

I’m pretty sure you need to get a code to adjust the input that will help the charge…page 20, 8.1.2 at the bottom…needs to exceed the max input (i am assuming that is solar plus grid), however when I had asked that same question to the help desk, i was told you need to call for a code to adjust amps or something… I do not know but this is something I definitely would like an answer to as well…As you know the manual is not complete.

Hi, The ac300 just does nothing when i have the generator on, just a clicking noise on the screen,won’t charge, nothing.

Honestly, I have no idea. i would call support and see what they say. Maybe they will respond on here. There has to be a setting somewhere, somehow.