FYI: EMP Shield warranty

I just spoke with EMP Shield. Their warranty does not cover “solar generators”. If the EMP Shield is connected to a Bluetti product and the EMP Shield fails to protect the Bluetti from EMP or Lightning, their warranty will not cover replacement of the Bluetti product. Also, because a solar generator is connected to the EMP Shield, they will not honor their warranty of a $50 replacement of the EMP Shield, which will be destroyed protecting your equipment from a lightning strike.
It makes no sense about the $50 EMP Shield replacement. What’s being protected from lightning should have nothing to to with the EMP Shields ability to protect from lightning.
They do warranty protection for a particular unit from one manufacturer which they have a proprietary connector for.

What’s actually inside the EMP Shield product? I strangely can’t find a single blog post or YT video showing what’s inside.

Hi @GLR , It should be clarified that all BLUETTI products are not related to the EMP Shield Company in any way. Thanks!

No clarification need. Other Bluetti owners, like myself, have probably been interested in protecting their devices from lightning, or EMP, and my be considering EMP Shield products. This post is nothing more than a FYI. I almost bought nearly $1600 worth of their merchandise to protect my solar equipment. Luckily, I made a phone call first. I’m just trying to save someone else from purchasing a product whose warranty wouldn’t actually cover their Bluetti.

As far as what’s inside: I have no idea. Siemens makes something that looks very nearly the same as the EMP Shield. Siemens, however, makes no claim about emp protection. The Siemens product mounts in a breaker box just like one of the EMP Shield models does. The EMP Shield solar units have a few options which are based on the input voltage of the charge controller. I’m not sure if Siemens makes something equivalent.

1 Like