Furnace and generator

Can I connect my bluetti to my furnace, when power goes out? If so how…

Hi @soripop , Which BLUETTI model are you using, and what kind of furnace are you talking about specifically?
As long as the capacitive load or resistive load in line with the machine’s load carrying range is generally applicable.

AC200Max and a propane furance.

How do I know what is the capacitive load or resistive load in line with the machine’s load carrying range is generally applicable

Is your propane furnace connected directly to your breaker panel right now?

If so, basically 2 options:

• Generator transfer switch (you can either get a 6 or 10 and transfer other things or an EZ Generator switch just for the furnace)
  • Rewire the furnace to plug into an outlet and then you could plug it into the Bluetti.

Do note that the second option may not be up to electrical code where you live so you should check that first. I did the first option and I can switch my NG furnace between utility power and generator power.

I have a EZ generator switch.
When I switch it from normal to generator, my furance switch on for a few seconds and then trip off. How can I fix that

I have a EZ generator switch.
When I switch it from normal to generator, my furance switch on for a few seconds and then trip off. How can I fix that

By trip off do you mean the breaker trips?

Also can you confirm it’s grounded? Some furnace electronics don’t like it when there is no ground and the Bluetti has a floating ground if you use the 120v outlets on it directly.

Just for reference I’m assuming you are in North America. If not then my advice may not be helpful or appropriate.

No, the breaker don’t trip. The furnace goes on for a few seconds and then turns off. I don’t know how the furnace is grounded.

So personally that is where I would start - get an electrician to make sure that the furnace is grounded when it is running on the Bluetti.

I assume you get no error on the Bluetti?

1 Like

Hi - I recently got a generator panel installed ( by a qualified electrician) and am using my AC200 Max ( with 2 B230 extension batteries ) to run my oil fired boiler ( provides home heating ( hot water baseboard heating) and domestic hot water) and having no issues at all. With this set -up, I can run the boiler , refrigerator, TV/cable box, some led lights and internet for approx 24 hours with a 20% reserve left in the batteries. Also able to run a coffee pot and heat meal in a microwave providing you turn off the breaker for the furnace and refrigerator while doing so , so as not to go over the 2200 watt max. Is it perfect - no, but beats the hell out of sitting in the dark with a candle trying to stay warm and eating cold food! As Dr_Torch said - get an electrican and get things set up correctly - your AC200 MAx should be able to run that propane heating system.