EP500pro is just a big battery

If someone knows how its possible to fulfill the marketing claim that this unit can take 2400 watts of solar please let me know.

This unit is unable to accept a 500w panel because it cannot accept anything over 12amps.

The claim made by Bluetti is mathematically impossible. I have requested a full refund and offered to drop the unit off to them in las vegas.

You buy units like this for

1. safety
  2. ease of use

Neither of which this unit can be relied upon

If I expect that i can have two dc sources at once but learn that only pv can be accepted or other can be accepted at once then i feel i have been fradulently advertised to

If i expect that i can have 2400 watts of continuous solar input but cannot even input 500w then i feel i have been fradulently advertised to.

If I expect that I can input grid amperage but have to ask for a password that hasn’t arrived even after a week

If i expect reasonable customer service and I’m advised to talk to non-liable members on a forum, then I feel like i’m being treated as a fool.

This company is over its head and making false claims through its marketing. I doubt this company will be around in five years.

Here is my setup:

EP500Pro (location Berlin/Germany)

DC1: 900 Watt (peak) ground mounted 20° slope, 0° azimuth, 2x 450W modules via direct input
DC2: 1500 Watt (peak) roof mounted 45° slope, 5° azimuth, 11x 140 Watt modules via D300S Drop Down Module

Maximum power I’ve observerd so far with this setup: 690 Watt on DC1 and 1215 Watt on DC2

1 Like

If you’d like to built a solar maximum charging setup without D300S module from scratch, I’d suggest to have a look at Canadian Solar CS6R-420MS

You can connect 3 of these moduls in serial on DC1 and 3 these moduls in serial on DC2. This should give around 2x 1100 Watt charging power.

Thank you for the reply.
To use the solar panel that I have (30v) i would need to step up the dc voltage after a buying a separate mppt controller in order for this to work, which is not efficient.

@dronelife

Are you certain that you have a 500W solar panel that only has an open circuit voltage of 30V?

I only ask since I have a 325W from Canadian solar that is 37V open circuit voltage. Normally manufacturers prefer higher voltage since the current can be lower as higher current means thicker cable to run.

My panels are putting out 325W @ 37V = ~8.7A. Connecting 3 of them in series is giving me 975W which is over-paneling for my AC200MAX so I end up with 900W and change in full sun on cool days.

Can you post a picture of the plate on the back of your panel?

the EP500pro input specs are this:
PV Input or T500 Input:

2400W Max
12-150VDC,12Ax2
12V/24V,8.2A

So it can accept two strings of solar panels with VOC (and Vimp) from 12V to 150V.
It will be powered at each strings Vimp at up 12A per string (and up to 1200W per string).
Watts = Volts * Amps.
So it will be powered at optimally 100V at 12A or 1200W, per string.
So if your 500W panel is 40V at 12.5A (for example), then 3 of them in series will give 120V at 10A = 1200W to the EB500pro.
2 strings of 3 in series will give 2400W.
See it depends on the VOC, Vimp, Imp of the panel whether it is over the max VOC (bad!), under the min Vimp (unusable by itself) or cropped to the max amps or watts.

I have an AC300 with several panels in series supplying 140 V and 6 A on each of the two DC input. I have seen over 1700 W coming in on solar energy, and if I had more panels in parallel I may get over 2400 W of DC input. The Bluetti units are well engineered.

3 Likes

As others have implied, this must be achieved using much higher solar/PV input voltage. It’s not false marketing, it just requires proper solar system knowledge as all power stations are designed up to a certain max amperage rating to keep costs within reason.

The 12 Amp maximum applies across the input range of 12-150V and is per MPPT controller, of which there are two in your EP500 Pro. So, we can calculate exactly the minimum voltage required to achieve the 1200W max per controller: 1200 Max Watts / 12 Max Amps = 100 Volts.

2 Likes

:wink:

Is the power coming in to DC1 and DC2 kept separate and handled by two different charge controllers, or do they get combined and increase the input voltage?

Are your panels wired in series or in parallel?
Thank you!

these are two separate MPPTs, this isolates shading / orientation / angle concerns on a per-string basis.
Voltages don’t add up internally.
There is a “parallel” input function but I don’t know how it translates in terms of internal wiring.