EP500 Pro firmware update bugs

Hi there,

I just performed the ARM firmware update on my EP500Pro and right after the update, I got grid voltage and frequency high alarm. While this doesn’t appear to impact the performance of the unit, it’s odd that I didn’t get the alarm until after the upgrade and this is an alarm that I can not clear.

Second issue in have is DSP and IoT updates keeps timing out. I have the app active and I have the phone right next to the unit and it still times out. The IT team might have to trace the update traffic to see why it’s being timed out so quickly.

So far the issues with the app has not impacted the function of the EP500pro.

Customer ask. Will be be possible to add some notes on what the firmware update will do so the consumer can decide if they want to upgrade?

#ep500 #ep500pro #firmware

@BLUETTI

Strangely after trying to update for hours, 30 minutes after this post I was able to complete all 3 updates.

Been having similar issues with updating my AC300 - over the last week I’ve had endless failures. Tried again this morning on a whim and it succeeded first try! Can only assume something on the Bluetti side has changed. :slight_smile:
And agree - would love to see some release notes as well.

1 Like

Thank you for your suggestion. I have passed it to my team.

With the latest firmware I notice that when in PV priority, I am still taking power from the grid when I have the % set lower than the current SOC. It’s a low draw, but with solar coming in, I really wasn’t expecting any grid draw. @BLUETTI does the engineer expect this?

What’s the solution to this?! Going to pass it along to your team? Come on! I’ve had this same problem since last MAY. I’m really starting to dislike the horrible customer service of Bluetti. My wave of negative reviews will begin.

Hi @cyberhatter , I’m very sorry for the inconvenience.
Did your EP500PRO report any errors (communication-related errors) during use?

No communication-related errors have been logged*. I have been unable to use the device since I received it. I have (2) of these, purchased w/the fusion box. One works fine. This one has been a lemon from day one. It does connect via bluetooth but the app doesn’t show the same status as the device home screen. Changes made in the app to function, settings or firmware have no effect on the device itself. It won’t charge off the grid. Can’t enable grid charging on the device or thru the app. *it currently only charges by PV - but doesn’t get above 1% battery level.

@cyberhatter , Thank you for your confirmation and picture sent.
Given this situation, the machine is required to return to the factory for repair.
Did you purchase it from our BLUETTIPOWER website? If so, you need to contact our support department and provide the machine error picture and serial number, then customer service will record for you.