EP500/EP500Pro Generator Size

What is the minimum gas generator wattage needed to charge the EP500? What about the EP500Pro?

Hi @Mlummus , EP500PRO AC Input 3000W Max
EP500 AC Input 600W Max
This is the maximum AC input for both of our models. As for the minimum value, it may be more intuitive to refer to your gas generator parameters. :blush:

Hi @Mlummus welcome. I can speak to the EP500 Pro, in the default options enabled it charges up to 15A (1800w) but there are options to increase (30A) or decrease (10A) that (provided you ask Bluetti for the unlock code). This is directly using the various AC connectors.

Another option is to slowly charge using a T500 AC adapter (500w), this hooks up the DC input. Technically you can use 2 on a single EP500 Pro. You can also use these adapters in conjunction with the AC input.

With all this said about using a gas generator, once you purchase one of these power stations the allure of using some solar panels becomes almost a no-brainer. At least it was the case for me. I look back and wonder why I even worried about the gas generator. Good Luck!

or decrease (10A) … what does that do? my ep500pro wants to draw 1500 watts from my generator, but that trips the generator, which can serve only 1100 max. does reducing the volt max from 15 to 10 reduce the max draw the ep500 attempts for ac charging?

What charging cable do you use at 30A input? The same one?

@camaroncito Decreasing current to 10 Amps means that EP500P draws (120V [in US]*10A) 1200Watts max [in US]. You may want to check it, I believe later firmware updates may have added the ability to define custom/user defined current. If so, you may be able to adjust to 9A to work with your generator.

1 Like

@Mlummus for 30A you would need to use NEMA L14-30, it also seems like they have a TT-30 now for it too – AC CHARGING CABLE

thank you so much … it makes sense when explained that way. i wish the bluetti manuals had more information. clearly many people (like me) who purchase an all in one system do so because they are not technical and don’t understand the different parts enough to configure and maintain a traditional solar system!!!