Eb70s solar panel recs

Hi everyone. I’m completely new to power stations and solar panels. After some days of research I decided on my first power station, the eb70s.

Id like to also compliment it with a single solar panel in case I ever need it, the main use is just to keep at home in case of an emergency.

Is the following a good choice? Any other recommendations?

RICH SOLAR 170 Watt 12 Volt Moncrystalline Solar Panel High Efficiency Solar Module Off Grid PV Power Charge Battery for RV Trailer Camper Marine Off Grid https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GC7TZ6S/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_JH0TK4QNFGKCM24Z1R54?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks for any help! And welcome any tips on the eb70s.

This is the one I use with my EB70S https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CRJYJ22/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_5?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1
At 27 volts ocv its about as close as you can get to the EB70’s 28v max without going over. I typically get 150-160 watts out of it on a good day. The Rich panel you linked will probably get about 120-130 watts.

2 Likes

That panel you listed would certainly work, but for the little extra, I would go with the 200 watt model. The most charge wattage you will ever see from any panel combination is going to be around 160 to 165 watts. If storage space is an issue and you want a more compact solution the Bluetti PV200 is a good portable choice. I like you have my units for backup / emergency power and like my panels to take up little room and be easily portable since they have to be moved around for the best sun angle.

2 Likes

Awesome. Thank you for the info and the link to what you use. I’m gonna go with the Renogy 200watts then.

I’ll still be under my $1000 budget with everything so pretty happy about that.

Hope you enjoy. My first two panels I ever purchased were a pair of 100 watt folding solar suitcase panels similar to the 200 you are getting, just smaller. They are a quality panel and work well. But…be prepared for them being bulky and heavy to set up and move around. I still have mine, but rarely use them just due to the difficulty of set up and take down. I can pick up, carry around and store three of the portable panels for each one of my Renogy. Nothing wrong with them, just be prepared for that aspect.

Thanks. I’ll account for that. I was going to go with the bundle which includes the new PV200, but I couldn’t justify the $400 extra. Hopefully in the future I can get them they seem perfect to take for traveling.

Scratch that^ actually the total for the bundle (with the $60 off promotion) came to $1101 which I can handle, and now I don’t have to worry about portability in the future. Thanks for all the help again.

4 Likes