EB70S Parallel Solar Panels?

Received my EB70S today. The 250w solar panel should be here around the end of the week. I’ll test it all out this weekend and let you know how many watts I’m able to pull with it.

2 Likes

I got my solar panel and cables setup yesterday and hooked everything up to the EB70S. It was a partly clouding day so not ideal conditions, but the sun did peek out now and then. After setting my panel to what I believe was a good angle I got input wattage of 170 watts from the panel. Not bad, but I’m hoping to get little better when conditions are improve.

One of the goals of the EB70S is to be able to run a small floor freezer 7 cu ft and perhaps a 18.0 cu ft standard fridge in the event of a power outage.

When I plug the small floor freezer into the EB70S I get nothing. The power light is lit on the freezer but the compressor never starts. No alerts on the EB70S.

When I plug the fridge into the EB70S on the first attempt to start I get an overload message, but if I reset the EB70S and try again it runs fine until it cycles again and then it overloads, reset, runs fine. I’m guessing there must be an initial startup load that is greater than 1400w, but I’m not sure.

I’m thinking I might have to go with a larger solar generator for my needs. If you look at the specs of both these appliances the EB70S should be able to run them just fine, but it reality EB70S appears to struggle.

Update: I’ve had my refrigerator running on the EB70S for about 2 hrs and no issues. So perhaps it will work after all. I plugged the solar panel into my EB70S and today it is pulling 177w. If I can get up to 180w that would be great.

2 Likes

It’s all about that startup surge and oftentimes it happens so quickly that your power station output display doesn’t refresh fast enough to show it. I have the same problem with my 8000 BTU AC and my EB150. You need to install a soft starter for it to reliably turn on but those aren’t cheap and require special knowledge to install.

Hi, I’m Giulio and I live in Italy, I’m inexperienced with bluetti and new to the forum and I need some help
I bought a Bluetti eb70 for Christmas (gift) to take on trips out of town. Not wanting to leave the Bluetti panel fixed on the roof of the defender, I limited myself to buying a 100w Renogy panel
panel features :
Maximum power 100W
Maximum System Voltage600 V DC (UL)
Open Circuit Voltage 24.3V
Short circuit current 5.21A
Optimum Operating Voltage 20.4V
Optimum Operating Current 4.91A).

I saw that the 190w (200w) panels all have a capacity of 9, or 10 amps, therefore higher than the bluetti’s capacity. What can I do to get closer to 200w?
if I use two panels like my 100w one, with a voltage of 20.4v, they would supply under maximum conditions (4.91ax2) x 20.4V = 200.3W
Right? Can you tell me that I can connect them to the Bluetti without causing damage? does the voltage stay the same?
thank you very much for helping.
Giulio

Ho letto tutta la discussione e cerco di rispondermi da solo.
Collegando un pannello da 170w con tensione massima di 18v dovrei arrivare al massimo a 153w,
poichè il Bluetti eb70 assorbirà solamente fino a 8,5 ampere.
giusto?
grazie

Just make sure your open circuit voltage is still within EB70 range VOC 12-28V when your solar panel is connected and it will work.
It doesn’t matter if the current is over

1 Like

The maximum you will ever see no matter how many panels you connect will be in the 160 to 165 watt range in absolutely perfect conditions so keep that in mind. When connecting multiple panels (assuming you connect them in parallel) the voltage remains the same and the amps increase. You can connect higher amperage than the capacity as the Bluetti will only allow the maximum amperage and no damage to the unit will occur.

2 Likes

Hi orzowei,

The trick is to find a panel that comes as close to the max 8 AMP without going over the 28v max input voltage. I picked up a Newpowa 250w panel (details above in this thread) that came the closest that I could find. A few weeks ago it was charging my EB70S at 187w (see picture below). That is one of the highest solar charge wattages I’ve seen from this panel with my EB70S. I should note that it was cooler outside. The warmer it gets the less efficient the panel becomes.

1 Like

thanks
Grazie mille!

Good selection. That is the highest wattage I have seen available for input.