EB70 running my 12v fridge

Hey all. The EB70 ran my dometic cfx3 flawlessly on a long road trip that I had.

I even had a fridge malfunction on the way there - I forgot a basket for the inside which didn’t allow the proper airflow through the freezer and I think that’s what caused it not to be able to get to the desired temp I needed it to. I had to set the freezer to 6 degrees F to achieve 16 degrees and the compressor ran constantly.

I charged the EB70 via the 12v outlet that the power turned off when the van turned off.
I ran the EB70 from the 12v outlet of the EB70. My reasoning is because I never took the fridge out of the van so whenever we needed to start it - to run to the store, gas station, etc., I’d get some charge going into the bluetti.

Very convenient and very nice never losing power to the fridge as I would if I plugged them fridge directly into the vehicle.

2 Likes

@Brogers0724 thanks for sharing! I’ve got a similar setup for my outback and camping setup! Absolutely love this EB70 for this use! :metal:

2 Likes

That’s a great usage for the EB70 (probably serious overkill, actually) but that fridge is not losing power for a quite a while :grinning:

I have an ICECO JP30 Fridge Freezer and I tested the battery rundown time (80F ambient, 12F in freezer) as about 40-42 hours (not sure exactly when it gave up).

2 Likes

Bit late to the game on this post but we bought our EB70 as a backup to our vans house batteries. However, I have liked it so much, I now use it full time to power our Engel Compressor Fridge. Initial test was somewhere from 100% to <20% but used the AC cord instead of DC for fun. Seems like it lasted about 34-36 hours. I need to try it on DC and see. Also my garage where I tested was about 90 during the day and 70 at night. So far I love having the EB70!

2 Likes

That’s awesome. I’ve noticed that ambient temperature and airflow (if its in an enclosed vehicle on a hot day) make a huge difference how much the compressor needs to kick on and use the battery.
With those temperatures, that’s an impressive result. It’s an great little sogen!

2 Likes

I have the ICECO JP30 also and tested @ 70F ambient, 33F in the ICECO…got nearly 60 hours.

1 Like

Impressive results! That’s a large benefit of hanging a smaller cooler.

I was dead set on iceco but I found an absolutely killer deal on (what i think was stolen😂) this dometic.

1 Like