EB3A SHORT on DC, unresponsive

EB3A running a small fridge, successfully for a week with solar or auto 12v charging source. Overnight it discharged completely running the fridge, but shows 100% full charge. The “SOS” light won’t come on, the battery is dead. It will not take a charge from solar or grid. DC when activated, shows SHORT. Disconnect everything, tried to restart with AC grid power, still shows 100% and won’t accept a charge. When DC is activated, flashing red SHORT appears. I emailed customer support. Awaiting response. has anyone found a solution to clearing the short?

@DaveP It seems that the control board is broken. Please contact support for repair or replacement.

1 Like

Thanks you. I’m in contact with customer service for a return

Hi there, I had the same issue previous month and now local serviceman in Ukraine found that there can be controller board chip damaged after transformation board shorted so now I urgently need the firmware for controller so my bluetti can be repaired successfully. I tried to contact local official seller, but it seems they turned off every contact line. Can @BLUETTI_CARE help me somehow with that? The power station still on warranty period but I can’t use it because I throwed away parcel box from it with code stickers as my local seller said :lying_face:

Hi @nv_ua , Have you also encountered the EB3A DC short issue? We’d like to know what devices were connected as loads at the time. Was there a possibility of the surge power being too high, causing an overload? If the load is too large, try connecting a smaller device. Does this make a difference? When the short error occurs, if you press and hold the AC+LED buttons simultaneously, does an error code appear?

When you mentioned wanting the controller firmware, were you looking to upgrade the firmware? If so, please provide your SN code and current version number, and we will try to assist with the upgrade.

I’m not very familiar with local distributors in Ukraine, but if the warranty issue is solely due to packaging problems, we recommend purchasing a new set of boxes to complete the warranty service.

Hi, here is the info what I can provide: S/N EB3A2303001981762 (serial from the powerstation itself), firmware version I can’t check because powerstation shuts down power to my flat because of short circuit when I tried to charge my bluetti. The EB3A stopped working after power comes back to grid and it stayed on charging from socket.