EB3A - no more Firmware updates via App?

Maybe Bluetti Admin can comment? Without assurances, I can only evaluate the software/firmware as it is, not how it may or may not be at some future date.

Hi @bxm6306 , There is a distinction between our high voltage and low voltage versions, and the version you are referring to is only available for low voltage 110V.
High voltage (pan-European/UK) areas do not apply. If there is an update notice, you can go update it. If not, the current version is the latest version. You can contact us or support if you have any problems. It is not necessary to update to the latest version as long as it works properly.

@BLUETTI
A few days ago the EB3A arrived, but it seems to me that it is a used station, since I see that it has some marks of use, I am having the same problem that they report, I have a mini pc connected to 230V and every few random times it cuts off the current a few seconds to turn off.
I have the ARM firmware version v2053.07 and DSP v2052.04, the versions that you say are more recent? how the hell is the rl firmware updated I don’t get any option to update on android.
I live in Spain from what I read it seems that we do not have a firmware update, but the power station has problems, when it is in AC ups mode I have micro cuts and it turns off my computer, however in DC ups my computer does not turn off, they can Fix this?

For the MPPT to start charging, the solar panel needs to generate 13v and at least 1A, this is a disaster for real 50w solar panels since if there is no full sun, it does not exceed 10w

This only happens in AC mode it seems that in DC it works fine.

I have realized that using dc mode the consumption is 18-20w, but in AC mode it goes crazy 40-80W by varying the voltage a lot. however if I put a smart plug it says that the consumption is 20-25w

The same here, I live in Spain, and I have problems with the UPS mode in AC current, my computer turns off due to power failures.
that’s why i want to update the firmware

Ok. So in Europe we have some kind of half product. Solar charge not working is my main problem. Not tried UPS mode yet.

Yeah EU seems to be the poor relation to USA when it comes to timely updates and fixes for Solar charging. Absolutely no irony that EU looks to soon be plunged into a long cold winter with imminent power cuts and the best way to charge will be solar which you can only do when the sun is blazing down (Northern EU means never). :man_shrugging:

To some degree or another, over-paneling would at least help with the over-cast situation. If you’re going to rely on it, you pretty much have to make worst-case assumptions.

What I’m curious to know: how many 100watt panels will it take to charge a Bluetti EB3A quickly under winter overcast conditions?

True, No point in investing good money after bad though if the EB3A won’t charge with a sufficiently sized panel, 2 sufficiently sized panels might increase chance of charging but then its double the price and space.

Right, but what alternative is there? Doing noshing is not a solution.

One of my numbers is the same, the other is not…
ARM: v2062.02
DSP: v2056.10 When I 1st tried charging by solar earlier today i got an error, DC out from the panels was 21.5VDC My reputation as a former engineer is on the line here :wink:

Thanks for your help everyone. Assisted by info from this thread, I was able to download the android app onto my phone, run the app and pair with my EB3A, download the latest f/w, and load the new f/w into my EB3A! Hopefully now I wont get so many overload protection shutdowns while running my minifridge.

I have two Eb3As and the latest one I purchased has the same symptoms as Piradoxlanieve. I’m using it in UPS mode in my garage with a load of about 50W AC. I live in Texas, so I’m using 110.
Some specifics:
NAME: EB3A Garage
ARM: v2057.11
DSP: v2056.10
AC LOAD: 50W
DC LOAD: Zero (0) (turned off)
ECO: Off
SYMPTOM: The green LED on the AC button is off; however, the APP shows it “ON” and providing power. The APP is not correct. The attached device turns off, so the EB3A is clearly not providing any power. I have to physically depress the AC button to get it cranking again. The EB3A LED screen then shows it’s at about 95% (but not always) and the EB3A begins provindg AC power to my attached device. This happens daily and often more than once a day.
WHAT I’VE TRIED:

1. I’ve added additional load to the Garage EB3A to see if perhaps I just didn’t have enough load on it, but that didn’t change anything.
  2. This morning, I plugged the Garage EB3A into an entirely different wall outlet running on a different circuit. I’ll monitor and report back.
    In the meantime, does anyone have any recommendations/suggestions? I don’t have any option to upgrade firmware (as stated here in this thread by others) either. My Gameroom EB3A has never given me problems. It’s also used as an UPS powering my network/internet equipment with a draw of 105W AC.

Just received mine, Jan 4, 2023, ARM is 2062.03. And DSP is 2058.10 so updates have been done since your last one.

UPDATE: Two notes of interest to report.

1. Since moving the garage EB3A’s power cord to a different wall outlet, I have NOT had any instances where the A/C button powers off; however, the LED screen shows “0” input from the GRID while the APP shows I’m getting a steady X-amount Watts from the grid. It appears my APP is right. Not sure why the LED on the EB3A is inaccurate.
  2. While troubleshooting, I found that my second EB3A (gameroom) has the same symptom with the LED reporting “0” input from the grid while the APP shows a steady input.
    I’m just going to ignore what the LED windows report and rely instead on the APP. Both units have been working steadily without glitches otherwise. Still, these little bugs are annoying. Calling it a day and moving on.