EB3A DC keeps displaying 'short'

I tried plugging in a tire pump that was rated for 15 amps into the cigarette lighter jack (was assuming that was worst case). When I turned the pump on, the EB3A immediately shutdown and displayed short.

However, it keeps displaysling ‘short’ and turns off DC after 5 seconds of it being turned on even tho nothing is connected to the DC jacks.

Have tried to let it sit overnight, updated firmware, and through the app with no success.

Is this defective? Or is there no protection from overloading DC?

4 Likes

Is not the DC max output 10amps on the EB3A? I think the initial surge (you stated the pump is 15amps max) is drawing too much so the EB3A is in protection mode until you manually turn off the EB3A and turn it back on (not just the DC button but shutting down the EB3A through long press or through the app).

1 Like

Right, but with nothing plugged in at all still shows short

1 Like

I think any fault condition requires the unit to be rebooted. Did you turn off the EB3A (you can use the app) and then it back on? I think it should clear the fault condition.

Thanks for the recommendation. It’s been restarted several times thru the app and front buttons. Still shows as short on starting DC

1 Like

Then there must be some issue with the unit then. I say get with tech support.

1 Like

Hi @ovel2clock, pleae try to remove all loads, reboot and see if “short” clears and works again. If it still occurs, reload other devices to see if they work again.
If the above does not work, please contact our support department via service@bluettipower.com as soon as possible, preferably by sending a video. Thank you very much for your cooperation.

1 Like

@ovel2clock try draining the battery until it shuts off, and then do a complete recharge cycle via ac to recalibrate the unit. Not sure if you’ve done the firmware updates (currently at .10/.10) but have heard the EB3a needs this completed full cycle to recalibrate things internally. Keep us posted.

1 Like

I have this exact same problem and emailed customer support with no response. Did you ever figure out how to fix this?

1 Like

I have this exact same problem too!! DC not working and diplaying red SHORT, and DC blinking! the unit have only 2 months of use is new!!!

2 Likes

Exact same issue here. Just contacted them today at 3pm 8/25/2023. AC power cord has to be connected to the unit , otherwise nothing will work. If the AC power cord is connected, only the light and AC would work. DC would give red SHORT and blinking DC.

2 Likes

Exactly same issue here.

same here.

I have an AC300 and the EB3A. The AC300 DC input melted using the Bluetti brick, and when I asked for support, their reply was “why are you charging it with the brick?”
They said they would send me a replacement, but never did.

Today, my EB3A has the DC short problem and no amount of resetting will fix it.

Never Bluetti again.

same problem here with SHORT on DC. did you find a fix?

I unfortunately have to report the same issue with the EB3A.

While plugged in to AC Wall Power, using the app to turn on DC power shows an error message:
A026 DC Output Current High

The screen itself shows the DC symbol flashing along with a red “SHORT”. The Light and AC work while plugged in to AC power. Plugging in Solar panels allows the screen to turn on and show 100% battery but no buttons can be pressed.

The firmware is
ARM: v2057.11
DSP: v2056.10