DC input to AC200P

I have 2 Panasonic 48vdc batteries 13S (1.25a per cell). I would like to use them to extend my AC200P. I see the max on car batteries is 36vdc. Is it OK to use the port for solar panels to connect for charging the AC200P? Thank you

1 Like

Welcome. Not sure where you received the information regarding the max on car batteries being 36 VDC. The MINIMUM voltage to initiate solar charging is 36 VDC and the maximum 150 VDC. I have seen several posts of users connecting electric bike batteries through the solar port successfully. You would have to have “PV” selected in order for charging to begin.

Regarding “car” batteries, you can charger in “CAR” mode either at 12 or 24 volt range at 8.5 amps. If two much outside wither of those voltages, no charging will occur.

1 Like

Thank you for your response! That is good news! The 36vdc I saw max on the car battery side. I hope changing to solar charging would make the difference, but was concerned might adversely effect the mppt charger. Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

Scott, I wanted to follow up with you and say I viewed about 5 YouTube reviews of the AC200P, and I think all discussed this, with at least 2 saying that only the Titon competition has this ability. I think that may hurt your sales and would be good to let these guys know about this important feature. Great product, thank you!