Continuous power and allowed duration of peak power

Hi community,

I have the AC200Max in use and I’m wondering how it precisely works regarding continuous power (2200 Watt, yes it is working uninterruptably) but especially regarding the peak power and how long the Bluetti allows to withdraw peak power.
When I draw more than 3000Watt then it falls into its alarm (as expected).

My question: I have the impression that the AC200Max allows for withdrawal of 2500Watt for 10 to 20 seconds and continue operating normally. But more precisely, what and how long can the AC200Max provide ‘peak power’ ? I can not find accurate specs of it on internet.

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Michael

Hi @Michael , AC200MAX can only reach a peak power of 4800W within 100 milliseconds instantaneously.

Such a specification is so near to being useless that it has virtually no practical value. The real-world numbers I’ve found are as follows:

Load greater than 2,500 watts…Overload trips immediately
Load between 2,000 and 2,500 watts…Overload trips after 2 minutes
Load 2,000 and less…Maximum operating load for the unit.

Perhaps Bluetti Admin will veryfy.

Thank you, that makes sense.

I’m also wondering how healthy it is when you have a device that is drawing a high amount of power (say 1500 to 2000 Watt) as short ‘spikes of 1 second’ every 10 seconds. And then 2 hours long. (My garden watering system). Will the Bluetti endure more wear with such usage?

How does this inverter logic work: instant DC to AC conversion?