Complete System vs Extra Battery? (close to same price)

Hello.
I have been waiting for Amazon Prime Day 2 to see if a B300 or B300s would go on sale additionally, but is not. However, a complete system of AC300 and B300 is now only $2200 (*corrected…see AC300 + B300 on Amazon)…$1,000 less than when I bough the same in August (although there was a coupon with some amount off). Regardless, that is a VERY good price. More importantly, only $400 more than just the B300 alone.
So, I currently have a AC300 with ONE B300. I want to add ONE More battery. I have been watching the B300 for a month…and it has not budged from $1800. Does it make sense to spend $1,800 for just a battery…when I can get another complete system for $400 more???
Thanks for any thoughts!

1 Like

Where are you getting the $2100 price, is that USD? It’s $2199 on Amazon and $2299 on bluetti.com? Anyways, I would buy the entire thing again since it’s only $500 more, you can combine the two using a Fusion Box Pro (P030A) for some incredible possibilities.

You could get an open box B300 from Bluetti’s ebay site for $1,428 BLUETTI B300 3072Wh Solar Generator Expansion Battery for AC300 / AC200MAX Camp 193022000100 | eBay or brand new for $1,699.

There’s a sale on the AC500 if you buy the combo. With 1 B300s you get the AC500 for just $1300 more. I could use one more battery but I don’t need to go 240V yet, plus the 240V outlet box needed is another $299.
There is a 30% energy tax credit for all solar expenses for this year, so you’ll want to buy what you need now before December 31st. Of course you won’t get back more than the total tax you’ll owe the IRS for the year; the excess is carried over to the next tax year as I understand it.

Sorry…typo…didn’t mean to round down. See it here https://amzn.to/45mfEKM
-15% $2,199.00 Typical price: $2,597.00 Exclusive Prime price
I like your thinking. I would end up with the INVERTER unit for backup, travel purposes, etc…with the extra battery tied into the main unit for charging from the 6x460w panels, with an extra panel connected directly to the battery.

Yeah, that is part of the reason for getting a 2nd battery. I am hoping I will be able to roll the excess to next year. I don’t think I can justify the AC500…probably should have gotten it in the first place. But, I should go ahead and get the full system at only $400 more than the battery alone. I was really hoping the battery would go down.

Thanks for the suggestions and all of the replies. I do have a REFURB in my ebay cart, but it is not as favorable to buy on Ebay for me…Amazon I would split the payments over 12 months (or get 5% credit card back). Also, I have been a little confused on which is the authorized BE merchant (there are fakes), and generally a little leery of a refurb on such an finicky item. I will give it some more thought if I can clear up the legitimacy of the one I have in my cart.

[Edit…I did buy the second system. Whew!! I do still I have some confusion on where to put it. But I do feel it was a good decision.]

I still haven’t pulled the trigger on buying a full extra station. Trying to figure out how I can use the extra Inverter, and trying to figure out charging, etc. I do NOT see myself wanting to hook up the P030A. It just hasn’t been part of the plan all along. And the idea of have two AC300s is all of a sudden a new wrench in the master plan.
As it is, I have 3x460 about to be connected to each of the PV 1 and 2 inputs. I don’t want to run more panels…the plan was 6…and I felt that 2400w of input was enough…not trying to power whole house, just barn nd work areas…which does include a couple 110 AC units…neither on all the time…or at the same time.
But, what if I put 3 panes on AC300#1, and 3 panels on AC300#2? In other words, is there any advantage to having a 2nd AC300 if I do NOT plan on using the P030A?
The main advantage I see of getting the 2nd AC300/B300 bundle is that I could operate the COMBINED unit usually in the barn area. But, if I needed to take AC300#2 to the house, or RV or mobile use, AC300#1 would remain in the barn powering what it normally powers. And the PV that was going to AC300#2, could be plugged back into AC300#1.
Or would it even matter? Would I just end up keeping AC300#2 in the house…and tote B300#2 around…charge it on AC300#1, then disconnect it, etc.
Just not sure how to fit a 2nd AC300 into the master plan…when all I really wanted was a 2nd battery.
DANG Prime Days pressuring purchase decisions!
Any other ideas before the price goes back up for a while?