Charging without solar

I have a/c2000 max. Live in a texas apartment. Have been caught without power for days. So needed something to survive the heat and run my fridge, maybe laptop and internet. I got the bluetti 200max.

I set up the solar panels on my patio, but Huge fence got 0 watts. So made a platform to be above fence, got 12 watts. So using solar from my patio is a no go. I was thinking of buying a light more portable generator, 20 pounds or so I could charge in a nearby park with solar panels. Then charge the 2000max with the light weight generator. Maybe 200- 300 watt hr.
Is that possible?

Yes it’s possible and a good recommendation to have an inverter generator to supplement your solar input during extended emergencies. Especially in winter or during bad weather when there is less sun. The key issue here is getting a generator that has a sustained running watts that is greater than the AC input of your solar generator. The problem is that the Bluetti tech specs are not very clear on this point.

For example, I am looking to get a Champion 2500-Watt Dual Fuel Inverter Generator which has a 1665 running watts capacity on propane. My Bluetti AC500 has a listed AC input of “5000W Max” according to the user manual. So, can a small inverter generator charge the system? I don’t know. It would suck to have the inverter generator die as soon as the Bluetti is plugged in because it’s trying to draw too much power.

I know my home grid AC is 108V * 15A = 1,620W so there is no room for error. I guess there is a setting in the AC500 for “Max Grid Input Current” but a password from Bluetti Support is required to access it. WHY? Some units, like the EcoFlow have an AC input slider bar in the smartphone app for just this reason.

Does anyone else have some experience in this area?

In North America, the maximum authorized charging is 15A. But you can decrease the load input rate in one amp increments. For example, enter 10A. No need for password between 1 and 15A.