Charging w/ Goal Zero

Hi all - I have a Bluetti AC200P in my pickup camper. I purchased Goal Zero Boulder 100 solar panels to charge it but they don’t seem to work. I’m getting current but no voltage. Do the Boulder 100s not have a high enough voltage? Please help me understand the parameters!

More importantly, do people have recommendations for alternative solar panels to charge my battery?

Thanks,
Blake

1 Like

Hi @bjornski7

In the manual of the AC200P, i could find the following data:

Use Solarpanels with a range of DC 35V-150V (Open Curcuit Voltage).

The Voltage of one 100W Panel is way to low to rach 35V. To reach the 35V, you need to connect atleast two of them in series. Even then, its reaches the minimum Voltage only with full power delivery.

I would recommend, based on the data, that you connect at least two PV200 or one PV350. Theese combinations will reach the 35V.

greetings
Erik

1 Like

You can’t have current but no voltage. Voltage is what pushes the current.

1 Like

The maximum Voc of a Goal Zero 100W is 22V in optimum conditions, according to their specs. As mentioned you can go up to 150 volts on the 2000W units. (I have the AC200P) I have tested the input from 2 x 150W solar matts (not Bluetti) in the middle of the day in good sun and they do work. However, earlier and later in the day that would be a problem as their output would not reach the 35V threshold. This is with the panels connected in Series and my opinion is to increase the probability of a longer charging day by bumping the voltage to at least 3 nominal 12V panels in series = 66Voc. Even better 6 x 100W panels = 132Voc @ 600W max in series. The other option is to use 2 or 3 24V panels as they already have a Voc of over 40V, so one by itself will have enough voltage to trigger the MPPT controller.

You absolutly right! Didnt even notice this at first. I think he mean it the other way around.

Yeah, I was thinking he’s not using his VOM correctly.
My Fluke meter uses different input jacks to measure voltage and current.
For current readings you have to use the special fuse-protected 10A input (which makes it a bit useless for today’s solar panel arrays that can exceed 10 amps.) So I now have a digital clamp ammeter, which is great for solar panel work.

thanks for the help everyone.

Can anyone recommend a non-Bluetti panel that would work. Ideally one that is also transportable (the mat style).

thanks

Might help if you mention what country you hail from. :slight_smile: I’m familiar with AU gear, not US or Euro etc.