Charge AC200Max with 400 watt inverter?

I know, I know, the AC200Max uses 500 watts to charge via AC. But I’ve read that an inverter connected to a car battery should be no more than 400 watts. Is there any way to charge the AC200Max using the AC charger connected to a 400 watt inverter? I want to leave the solar cable in the DC input and the AC cable in the AC input at all times.

1 Like

@Angela Sorry, this is not allowed. the AC adapter has to be 500W or more to charge. If you have a 12V/24V battery, you can charge the AC200Max via the DC charging port.

1 Like

The 400w inverter limit on a car isn’t a hard number, its more about the limit of the cigarette lighter style plug. If you draw too much current from that connection it should blow the fuse, but it could also melt down and catch fire. Also even if you hooked up a 500W inverter it may not be enough to power the AC charger. The inverter and AC charger almost certainly will draw more than 500W so you would need a 750w or even 1000w inverter. Not saying you cant do that but you would probably be putting that connection under too much current. If you had one laying around to try you could see if it works.

1 Like

Just connect a AC-DC 24V (100W - 240W) power supply to the solar input.
With that I always charge in case solar panel generate to much energy from mains and I can automaticly charge anywhere the Bluetti anywhere in the house…

I have a Giandel 2000 watt nominal inverter ( Pure sine wave ) and it will not charge. I have heard of this before when it comes to the Blues, Eco-Flow does not have an issue with any inverter that I know of. The reading on the app tells us that the grid power is too low and therefor, will not allow the Blue to charge. I will do more research with the 180 and see if there are any inverters capable of charging it.

Why would you guys want to use an inverter to charge the Bluetti in a car setup?
Going from 12VDC to 120AC, and back to ~50VDC to charge the battery is very inefficient (fuel consuming).
Just buy yourselves DC-DC converter if you want to increase the Wattage you can chage while the car is running. Either 12-24V, or 12-48V.

Keep in mind that 10A on 48V will be roughly 40A on 12V - 40A continuous load on your Alternator. Make sure it can handle it (without overheating and dying soon). Same applies to a AC inverter-Load on the Alternator by the way.

Are solar panels not an option here? That would be the easiest solution, even if you had to run hundreds of feet of wire to a sunny spot.

Using a battery to run an inverter to charge the Bluetti has all kinds of downside. Every inverter loses some power to inefficiencies, there’s no getting around that. Look at the specs; it could be as high as 15% loss.

Then powering it with a car battery you’ll need to run the motor, or risk killing the battery, so there’s the wasted gasoline. (At this point it would have been better to buy an Inverter Generator that runs for 8 hours on a gallon of gas, like a Honda 2000i. Btw, it has a 12V DC output for battery charging.)