Can the EB3A be used as a DC UPS for internet router and modem?

Both can run at 12v. I figure they should run for much longer than if the AC inverter were used. Please advise as to whether or not it can be used this way.

DC side uses the battery, so to use the UPS function, you need to run it thru the AC side.

In that case,iIs there any downside to powering them 24/7 from the EB3A’s battery, with the EB3A plugged in to AC? I mean, presumably the EB3A will continue to power them if the AC power into the EB3A is cut, up until the battery’s are drained.

@neverdie Thats how I have been running my patio edison lights and it works like a charm. This does put a constant load on the battery itself, put with lifepo4 cells, I definitely am not worried about cycle life with this unit. Using the DC circuitry is generally more efficient as well, so you’ll probably pull less watts then running it thru the AC inverter, when shore/AC power is cut. Hope this helps but let me know if you got any questions

2 Likes

M Briney

In the UPS setting I have my EB3a charging my iPad and the screen shows 12 watts charging and the power from the grid recharging the battery as soon as it shows any drain so I believe that in the UPS setting it will recharge the battery whether on AC or DC. Am I mistaken ?

@PEIfiddler The true UPS mode is only when powering a device from the AC outputs. The DC outputs are coming from the battery. So if you’re looking to use the UPS mode, run your outputs using the AC ports. Hope this helps.

M.briney

Thanks’ for the info, I had my wireless router plugged in AC on UPS mode and the
Power went off when I was away and then came back on. When I returned home wireless Router was not working and EB3a showed overload. I thought the UPS setting would have maintained power to the router ? Any ideas why the overload ?

Subsequent to the last post the EB3a has overloaded three consecutive times with the router plugged in on AC with UPS setting, the router only draws 10 watts, this product is just not working as advertised, I have requested a merchandise return number from Bluetti but so far haven’t received a response.

Hi
New to Bluetti
Just purchased the unit EB3A
Can I plug in a Wi-Fi router 12V / 1.5A and fibre ont 12V / 2A into the dc ports of the Unit that is rated 12V / 10A.
Want to make sure I do not blow the devices.
Or would it be better to use the Ac.
From SA so we have a lot of power interruptions (Load Shedding)

Yea that would work great with the EB3A! :slight_smile:
Welcome to the forum btw @Chezzy !! :metal: :metal:

1 Like