Can I charge two (2) Bluetti(s) 2.4 simultaneously using one bank of panels?

I have two (2) Bluetti 2.4 in my motorhome. One in front and one in the back. Mounted on the roof are four 100 w solar panels wired in series/parallels producing an output of 45 V / 10 amps. Can I simultaneously charge both Bluettis from the solar panels, ie connecting the single combined output from the the solar panels to each Bluettis at the same time? Or do I need to put a switch in: (A-B-OFF). Having problems finding a DC switch that is a (A-B-OFF) only. Most if not all DC switches are A-B-BOTH-OFF allowing the option for BOTH the A-B to be switch on/connected simultaneously. Have found AC switches that would work (A-B-OFF) but understand one shouldn’t use a AC switch in a DC circuit given arching can cause premature failure of switch. Do I need a switch? Is it OK to connect both Bluetti simultaneously to the panel output and just scrub the switch installation? I could manually manage the charging by unplug one of the Bluettis thus diverting the full output of the panels to the one still connected. That would work for me but not sure if possible without damaging the system if I fail to unplug one, or use a A-B-Both-Off and switched to Both by accident. I’m stumped. BTW, I am aware that 400 watts of solar on the roof isn’t adequate in keeping the two Bluetti charge up when using a heavy load. I also have 400 watts of portable/suitcase panels that I can deploy as needed.

1 Like

Good question…I personally am not sure. Possibly the onboard charge controllers of the EB240s would conflict. @BLUETTI …what are your thoughts. This would also apply to anyone that wanted to charge multiple Bluetti products from a single solar panel or single solar panel bank.

1 Like