BMS cell voltages screen not in unit

My older AC200 which was the original Indiegogo version does show the individual cell voltages however my new AC200p model doesn’t either which totally sucks in opinion. My new AC200p doesn’t even show the inverter temperature, or the DC temperature or even the temperature of the battery I believe I’m going to have to take the whole thing apart just to make sure they actually used lifepo4 batteries in my new unit i mean it’s pretty suspicious that they wouldn’t show us the individual cell voltages. I mean what if they used 18650 cells instead of lifepo4 batteries. Yeah so whenever I get a chance I’m going to take it apart I’ll let y’all know how it goes.

1 Like

I was wondering the same thing, did they go back to a 14s li-ion instead of a 16s lifepo4. The BMS cell voltages would certainly tell you the chemistry.

2 Likes

Oh yeah man of course. If they did do that I’m gonna be so pissed off!!

I got 1.59kw out my new non-BMS AC200(p) which is right in line of the expected 1.584 KW for the 2000wh batteries.

2000w -10% reserve =1800w x .88 inverter loss = 1584wh.

What was the expected capacity of the 1700wh version?

2 Likes

I was able to run a 750 watt space heater for well over 2 hours (2 hours and 14 minutes to be exact) on my original indiegogo AC 200 which should be well over 1500wh, and if you look at DavidPoz you-tub video he was able to get 1803wh out of his AC200P. So I’m thinking we probably ripped off with our AC200P’s

1 Like

Now just so y’all know I didn’t use a kill-a-watt meter on my test so my test could be totally wrong plus my heater was all over the place as far as the output on the Bluetti screen it varied from 580 watts all the way to 748 watts. I’ll have to do a capacity test on both my Bluetti units to find out the true capacity of both units.

1 Like

This seems weird and troubling. Not 100% of their audience but i would assume a high percentage would not find this too complex and would find it useful.

They offered a 60 dollar partial refund and extra year warranty if I want to keep it.

3 Likes

Just did a load test with a 1.7kw load. Got 1.56kWh out of the box. Seems more in line with the 1800wh AC200 box than the 2000wh AC200P.

edit: used a kill a watt meter.

2 Likes

Nope, the usable AC capacity of the 2000wh box should be 1.584 KWH if you follow their specs. 10% reserve then 88%of the remainder for inverter loss. So you are pretty close.

In theory the 1700wh box would be 1346wh but I have seen some get of over 1400wh.

2 Likes

I just did the second full discharge since getting the non BMS unit and got 1.635 KWH compared 1.59KWH the first time. Both times with a variable discharge of 250-300 watts hooked up to my house.

2 Likes

Hey man I just fully charged both my power stations all the way up to 100% and there is a difference of about 4 to 6 volts between both power stations. My original indiegogo AC200 is showing 58.7 volts and my new AC200P is showing 53.2 volts which tells me that they are using lifepo4 batteries in the new AC200P. Yeah so if I were you I would just keep it. It seems like a great unit, and if they offered you $60 plus an extra year warranty I would just take it. That was actually the only thing that concerned me. That they had used inferior cells in their new AC200P’s but I guess they did use lifepo4 batteries in their new units so I am no longer worried about it, and I’m now convinced that they did use lifepo4 batteries so I am now totally happy and satisfied with my new AC200P.

3 Likes

I have an idea…what if all the manufacturers agreed to list the battery capacities in “Usable Watts” based on discharge testing with an average of 25% and 75% of inverter capacities along with averaging in DC only load at 50% discharge capacity and then taking off 5% just for wiggle room. That would be much closer to actual observed battery capacities and everyone would be happy.

2 Likes

Dear all,

We’ve made a software upgrade for better temperature accuracy and some parameters have been undisplayed in the latest version of AC200P’s software. Nothing is changed inside, it’s still 100% LiFePO4. If you’re skeptical about this, feel free to verify the chemical of the cell in any way you like. If it is not lithium iron phosphate, we will compensate you ten times the price of your order.

6 Likes

Same problem here, no cell voltages. Other posts seem to indicate they dropped this feature. All the videos I watched said they had cell voltages, so this is disappointing.

Who did you message to get the extra year warranty? Thanks, Jim

Didn’t seem to indicate, the cell voltages are no longer displayed on the screen

1 Like

Same. Just got mine. No “next” button, and the unit won’t charge because of a 041 BMS Temp Error :frowning: If support doesn’t fix this in the next couple of days, I’ll be returning it.

1 Like

What temp is your ac200P at? It is normal to not charge if excessively hot. Cell voltages are not displayed

No temp is displayed where, in will prowse’s video review, the temp ought to be displayed: Another issue. Ambient temp here is 70 F. Real temp is not the issue.

1 Like

Press the big state of charge % in the middle of the screen. That should give you a temp among other information

1 Like