#BLUETTISwapSolar: You need some ideas? - Here i am!

Hello everyone,

in this post I would like to share my ideas for the #BLUETTISwapSolar Contest. It’s about ideas that can be realized with the portable batteries of the AC180T. I’m literally bursting with ideas, so I’d like to get you started right away.

1) As a supplementary battery for new powerstations or batteries

The first idea that immediately comes to mind is the integration of these exchangeable batteries into other power stations, which then, for example, no longer have their own battery but are just an inverter, 12V output, etc. The concept can be compared with an AC300 or AC500, except that here there is no external battery, but a replaceable one inside the housing.

This would have advantages, for example, in terms of charging and the cost of the new power stations. The power station described does not require its own battery, does not necessarily need an MPPT and would have plenty of space for all the necessary components. This makes the models lighter and smaller in form factor.

Following on from the similarity to the AC300 or AC500, I can also very well imagine an extension battery like the B230 or B300 in such a modular design. The important thing here would be that the batteries are “hot swab” capable, i.e. they can be removed from the unit during operation and a new battery can be plugged in.

In my opinion, this is particularly practical if you use your system as a home backup solution and have no possibility of supplying the batteries directly with Solar energy on site.

I think this idea can be integrated quite easily as the housings are quite large.

2) E-Bike battery

Of course, this point could be a bit far-fetched, but purely in terms of the size of the battery, both capacity and dimensions, such a battery would be very suitable for operating an e-bike. I know many people who charge their e-Bike batteries with a power station. Direct use of the battery would be really cool, wouldn’t it?

There are devices that can convert any bike into an e-bike. An electric motor is bolted to the rear of the bike, which then drives the bike on the tire surface. A contribution to greener mobility.

Bike

3) Portable solar tracker

I think we all know that we always want to get the most out of our solar panels. A foldable solar tracker for all foldable Bluetti panels would be great! - As the tracker itself needs power for the servomotors, the AC180T battery pack would be the first step. Due to the size of the battery, such a tracker should run for several days from one battery pack.

4) Portable air conditioning

Of course, consideration would have to be given here to how large such a unit would ultimately have to be in order to have a real effect. A relatively small air conditioning unit to cool down certain rooms or vehicles in summer would certainly be a great application for the removable battery of the AC180T. Depending on the size, it may also be possible to install two battery slots.

5) “Emergency box”

Another idea for a portable battery would be an “emergency box”. In other words, a device that can provide simple functions in an emergency, such as radio, light and as energy storage for USB devices such as smartphones. Due to the size of the AC180T battery, this emergency box must of course be of a certain size. There are also technical challenges to overcome. For example, FM radio in combination with an inverter is quite difficult, as both interfere with each other.

Perhaps it would also be interesting if this emergency box could receive and display messages from the cell broadcast. (Dont know if this a thing outside of Germany)

6) Camping accessories

Many of the typical camping devices only work either via a powerful inverter, a Bluetti power station or via a fossil fuel. I find that such a battery pack is also very useful in devices such as mobile stove tops, an electric barbecue or various garden tools such as lawn mowers or hedge trimmers.

7) Boat motor

A visit to the water is a must for many people. Don’t feel like paddling or pedaling for hours? - An electric motor with an insert for the AC180T would be great. This can then be taken on the water in two versions so that you can still get home.

8.) Heating

I can imagine that there are one or two winter campers among us. Most of them will probably use a gas heater for heating. I would find it interesting to have a small portable heater with a rechargeable battery that can be transported dynamically between an allotment or a motorhome. You could then charge the batteries at home in winter and take them with you to your small house on the allotment, where there might otherwise be no power connection available.

9) Compressor

Anyone who travels a lot will be able to confirm that a powerful compressor is a very useful tool on a long journey. However, these are usually bulky, loud and require a powerful AC source. A handy compressor with a lot of power and a battery that can be replaced quickly and easily if necessary… I would find it great.

10) Children’s toys cars

We don’t want to forget the dear children! I think everyone knows the little electric children’s cars where the little ones can sit in and make their first attempts at driving. However, the cars are anything but great in terms of battery technology. A plug and play system, which is located under the seat, would be a great joy for both parents and children. That way, no child would have to do without their great car on vacation :blush:

Childrens car

Hope you like some of my ideas! Feel free to share your throughts about it, would love to hear it!

greetings
Erik

8 Likes

@Selfmadestrom Thanks to Erik for the multi-point ideas on BLUETTI SwapSolar eco-system!

1 Like

These two, definitively. Would solve the tricky question of solar tracker’s input feed, and help cycling (pun intended) the bike batteries during the cold seasons… :blue_heart: good ideas there!

Thanks for your opinion!

1 Like

I especially like your ideas for the solar tracker - that would be really useful at my allotment with my portable panels, and also the emergency box. If the swappable batteries also came in a smaller size for smaller units a very portable emergency box could be made.

Hi @Tezzabee

The tracker is one of my favourites too! I think it would have a portable version have a great value. Just build it up and you dont need to worry the whole day.

Thanks for your comment on that too!

Erik

1 Like

HAM radio enthusiasts will want that. Perfect for preppers, too :+1:

2 Likes

Right? - Thanks for your Feedback about this!

1 Like