#BLUETTISwapSolar - water purifier WP72

While clean water is taken for granted in most Western countries, the LAAF charity token shipped with our AC300+B300 combos is a good reminder that our basic needs haven’t been an issue for generation in some part of the world, while other still struggle:

Honestly I keep it on my desk as a reminder to myself that, even though some days are harder than others, there is much, much more than the basic needs of my family being not only covered, but also taken for granted.
This also reminds me that companies like Bluetti furthers a good cause with the LAAF program. Not only are they very generous with their fanbase as we know their frequent giveaways, friendly contests and prize hunts, but their continuous contributions to bringing electricity to remote, poor areas pushes that cause even further. In that spirit, I thought of a supply that is essential, and when available, is sadly contaminated. Consequences can range from mild discomfort to full-blown body horror that should only belong in the deranged universe of Cronenberg.
So here is my wish for the #BLUETTISwapSolar, the WP72 aka “Water Purifier 720Wh” :blue_heart:

USB ports are on the back, and it also runs on 12-28V DC input if you ask me :wink:
I just GIMP’ed a Bluetti & LAAF logo on an Aquatru water purifier, adding a swapsolar battery in the base (not knowing what the battery’s actual size is… more a shoebox, or a 75cl canister?).

The device uses 3 filters on top of added UV filtration:

• Reverse osmosis: mechanical pressure-based system through a membrane, effective at removing a wide range of contaminants, including dissolved salts (ions), particles, colloids, organics, bacteria, and pyrogens from the water.
  • Carbon filter: removing chlorine, sediment, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), taste and odor from water
  • Mineral boost : adding beneficial minerals back into the water after it has been purified prevents overly distilled water from draining a body from its nutrients. Water scarcity often comes with malnourishment.

There is a sidenote here. We are all somehow solar power enthusiasts… a first step in this filtration process that involves solar power is SODIS: SOlar DISinfection. It can happen upstream to filtering water in WP72 as it’s already better than nothing. Every added layer of protection can help preventing terrible consequences.

While “ready for consumption” is wishful thinking, it drastically diminishes the risk taken from drinking contaminated water. Still, that isn’t engouh.
Are these low-tech solar panels? In some ways, yes :slight_smile:
Thanks for reading!

7 Likes

@Chrissie The concept of “purifying water” is a good starting point, thanks for engaging with it!

3 Likes