Bluetti charger compatibility?

Hi guys, I just got an EB240 and wondering which of the 400/500w chargers works with it.

What’s the difference between
https://www.bluettipower.ca/products/ac200p-adapter500w-xt90-cable
and the product listed at
https://www.bluettipower.com/products/ac200-adapter-xt90-cable?variant=42512107634907
?

The 1st charger claims to be compatible with EB150/240. What about the 2nd?

Thank you!

They are both the same charger but the first one has the XT90 adapter which you won’t need with an EB240. I use a T500 on my EB150 and it works great.

1 Like

Thank you for your confirmation!

This leads to another question: if I connect my 2 200w chargers in parallel (I think they’re each 40v, 5a) with a 7909 2-female-to-1-male splitter , do I get 400w (40v 10a) output at the male end?

@helloterran first off… my electrical wiring experience is limited so take it as you will. But technically yes, by paralleling 2 charging sources, you should be able to increase the voltage, while keeping the amps the same. I’ve seen people hook up dual adjustable/variable chargers to units, to increase the output before.

Question for you tho… have you heard of the D050S Enhancer that Bluetti makes? It will input 12-60VDC/10a max and inverts it to a 16-58.8VDC/8.2a (500w) output. Check it out as this might make a great addition to your setup to increase the input to your EB240 using charging sources you already have. I saw they also have a $40 off coupon right now, bringing it down to $160. I have 2 of them and wish I had snagged them when that discount was around! haha Heres the link…

https://www.bluettipower.com/products/dc-charging-enhanncer-d050s

No! You do not want to connect two voltage sources in parallel and hope to get the same voltage and 2x the current unless they are designed for parallel connections.

This is because no two voltage source are exactly matched. The one providing slightly higher voltage will end up supplying more of the current. So if you have 2 x 5A supply at 40v, but one is at 40.1v and the other is 40.05v, the 40.1v one would attempt to supply more than 5A when the total draw is 10A. This would may cause it to fail.

You may get it to work if you are drawing saying only 1.5x the current instead of 2x, as sometimes the voltage output drops a little as current goes up allowing it to balance, but it is hit or miss.

Power supplies that are designed to be used in parallel have explicit communication between them or is very well matched and has sort of feedback control on the output that ramps down the voltage as current goes up.

Actually I just did my experiment, and my 2 200w chargers delivered 386-388w input to my eb240 in combination, which is almost exactly 2x up from the roughly 195w watt number when used alone. So I guess their voltage tolerance is large enough to handle whatever the voltage difference between them.

I believe it works because EB240’s DC input works with a plethora of power sources by “pulling” needed current from whatever power input without needing to communicate with the source. You can plug in a mc4 directly from solar panel and it will charge although there’s no charge controller on the panel side. The charge is controlled from the eb240 side, and all it asks is that input voltage is within spec (12-60v I believe).

That being said, I wouldn’t recommend mixing input sources.