Bluetti 1280X built around DC Power and not AC Power

I realize I am a bit odd (maybe, maybe not) in my use of portable power stations. I have a van camper and I do not live in it. I don’t need a 1000 watt inverter or larger inverter. I really just need a single DC source that provides 10 - 15 amps of DC output power to run a MaxxFan, 12V Compressor Fridge, lights, water pump, phone charging, small USB fan and most importantly, a small coffee grinder. I typically can run 24 hours on less than 600wh depending on ambient temps.

My ideal Bluetti? So nice that you asked.

Bluetti 1280X
LIFePO4 Chemistry
1280wh
Regulated DC Output but minimal converting so to keep overhead down.
With or Without a 500Watt Inverter that can be turned off while unit provides DC Out
25 amp MPPT with Anderson Powerpole connector. Allowing for any brand of Solar panel within 12-28 volts
DC Output - Anderson Powerpole 30 amp connector.
No light on unit
Battery percentage gauge. Requiring very minimal voltage for a simple black/white display.
Weight <35lbs

***** I found out its all about overhead with the AC200P when used as a camping power source.
I now replaced the AC200P with more EB70’s!

Keeping that great Bluetti price too!

I am in a van, I don’t use AC very often. I built the van to run efficient on DC Power.

1 Like

@SierraVanCampers funny you bring this up, as I was just having a similar conversation with a buddy about this! Like an EB240 or even B230 with a 12v/25a aviation port that the ac200 has.

I love the EB series because they are simpler and the efficiency ratings are higher due to this. Unfortunately Bluetti might think this would be a sorta “step back”?? but you’re right, it would appeal to a lot of people who are DC-load focused.

Or if they were able to do their wizardry and create a system that had a “variable/adjustable inverter”?? That you could manually set to the load size that you needed, so that it minimized the overheads? Haha don’t think this type of thing exists in any all-in-one system but it would be sweet to see!

BTW… I just got a eb150 and did some testing yesterday and found some results that just really reminded me on how important it is to pair your “so-gen” to the specific use-case you need…

Tested EB150 with a 100w DC draw from cig port and got 1233.2wH…
Tested AC200 with 125w DC draw from cig port and got 1283wH…

Haha I mean the results totally make sense as the AC200 has ALOT more potential and options for usage, but just solidifies the fact that sometimes less is more! The K.I.S.S principle.

It seems that one weakness of the AC series, at least the larger ones is the high standby draw. It is OK at larger wattages, but it is bad for a small load. I have the EB70 and had been really happy with it. The AC units do have a much more capable solar charger though, up to 150V is essential for series solar charging.

1 Like

Thank you guys for sharing. Agree with you both. For us, having multiple EB70’s allow us to travel with one EB70 running the fridge, another one charging while driving at 24V input. (I took Scott B. advice and upgraded my 12V to 24V 10amp converter to the larger 12V to 24V 20amp converter) I will have all the EB70 units setup with the ability to connect to the PV200 panel with anderson powerpoles. Love this community. Appreciate Scott and Mike on here.

1 Like