Bluetooth (in)security on AC180

My Bluetti AC180 does not require confirmation when the Bluetti APP connects to it via Bluetooth, allowing unknown and/or unauthorized nearby third parties to monitor and control it.

I find this lack of control incompatible with some of my use cases, such as that of UPS. I reported it to Bluetti support but they did seem to acknowledge the issue.

Please does anyone know if on the AC180 it is possible to disable Bluetooth, either via software or hardware, without voiding the warranty?

It’s strange that this hasn’t been fixed yet. I have the same problem, my neighbor bought the same station and installed the application and now we can control both stations. This is a huge security hole

1 Like

You should be able to set a custom pairing pin for the connection over bluetooth. This way only people that know this code can connect to the unit

@Selfmadestrom Bluetti already confirmed that on the AC180 it’s not possible to secure or disable Bluetooth in any way.

@edlabs/ Got AC180 week ago. After had connected via app set a bluetooth password. Yesterday read this topic and desided to check if your statement is true. It’s not. When you try to pair bluetooth directly it reject pairing and ask to use specific app. When you try to add a station in app it askes the password i had set before.

@Dmytr0 This thread is about the original AC180. It’s not about the AC180P, the AC180T or the PV180 you mentioned (which doesn’t even seem to be a valid Bluetti product name). Bluetti confirmed multiple times (example 1, example 2) that it’s not possible to authenticate nor disable Bluetooth connections with the original AC180. Please verify and either amend your message or provide official sources.

Hi @edlabs

i checked on my AC180. It does support Bluetooth PIN.

greetings
Erik

Sorry @edlabs. It was misprint from different topic(AC180+PV120) Definetly i wrote about AC180. Now it has password

Thanks @Selfmadestrom and @Dmytr0 . I still don’t see the password functionality. Both my AC180 and APP are up-to-date. Maybe it doesn’t apply to old revisions, or maybe Bluetti froze my firmware when it fixed a different problem last year. I will verify with Bluetti and report back here.

Best,
Ed

Bluetti support told me that AC180 units produced after May 2024 have the Bluetooth direct password lock function, but mine was produce earlier and does not have it.

1 Like