B300 mppt

Specifications provided by Bluetti
MPPT(single) Voltage Limit 12-60VDC
Max. Power of Input 200W
Max Input Current 10A

Does the B300 MPPT work at 10 amps at all voltages from 12-60VDC or is it limited to 8 amps at certain voltages. If there is a limit what voltage is needed to hit 10amps? Can it do 10 amps at 20 volts to get 200 watts for example?

I am wondering because I know that the DC Charging enhancer is limited to 8 amps up to 30volts so wondering if this behaves the same.

The wording is a bit confusing.Voltage input is all you need to pay attention to. Do NOT exceed the 60 volt limit (Voc for solar panels).
As for current, 10 amps is the most it will use, so for any panel rated more than that, it will still only draw 10 amps from it. And for wattage, it will draw the most wattage it can, up to 200 watts.
Wattage ratings on panels is their theoretical output. You won’t get that rating in the real world; 100 watt panel = about 80 to 90 watts. So some of us “overpanel” by using high rated panels and arrays, (while keeping the Voc within the voltage limit.)
I have 18-100 watt panels to get me to the 1500 watt limit of an AC500 input. Even then it mostly gets to 1490 watts or less.

1 Like

Yes, correct. You can even connect like 400W Panels as long you stay under 60V of open circuit voltage. Stay with the voltage is mandatory, stay within the current isnt. But it will not use more than 10 A.

1 Like

Thanks for your replies. It’s not quite what I am asking though. What I am after is more specifics about the mppt on the B300 and not what is already listed in the specifications.

The 10a that Bluetti advertise on their devices is the maximum possible at some voltages and not the amps that you will receive at all voltages. For example most of their devices are limited to 8 amps at 12 volts and I believe that is a safety feature so when you charge them from cars they don’t pull too many amps. So what you find on most of their mppt controllers is that it will switch from 8amps to 10 amps at a certain voltage.

This can make a big difference because if you buy a 20v panel that is 10 amps thinking you will get 200 watts when really the mppt is limited to 8amps at 20 volts then the most you will get is 160 watts because of that limitations.

So what I am asking is does the B300 provide 10amps at all voltages between 12-60VDC or does it limit the amps at certain voltages to 8amps.

@BLUETTI Do you have any information regarding this?

I just would say that the current is relative to the provided Voltage to reach the 200W in the most cases as possible.

For example: 20V 10A or 40V 5A or 60V 3,33A

Under 20V you cant reach 200W Input.

Thats at least my interpretation of it.

greetings
Erik

1 Like

Yes thanks I think maybe only Bluetti could answer unless someone has actually tested with some input monitor as it’s not possible to see the details on the expansion battery and I don’t think it is shown in the app either.

I just like to know all the details before I buy equipment, and if there is a limit I can work around it by just using a bigger panel.

1 Like

My B300’s will only pull around a 100w at 12v so yes at that voltage its 8 amps. Seems like all Bluetti’s MPPT’s work that way.

1 Like

Thanks. Hopefully Bluetti can provide some detail. I am wondering when it jumps up to 10 amps. The 200 watt Renogy solar panels are 19.2v and around 10 amps so they could also be limited to 8 amps on the B300 depending on the crossover point.

I have the Renogy 200w panels and the best they will do when hot is about 150-160 watts each.

1 Like

BLUETTI power stations limit the current to 8.2A when the PV input voltage is below 30V. Above 30V, the maximum input current for the machine is 10A.

1 Like

Thanks for the answer.

Watching the solar power output on the app, the voltage and wattage jump around, so the MPPT programming must be doing a balancing act to get the max power it needs. When using my clamp ammeter on the wiring from the panels, it too changes a bit, even on a cloudless day.

Yeah, all panels produce less than their ratings. In trying to get 1500 watts to my AC500, I have 18 100 watt panels. I seldom see 1500 watts on the app; it tends to be 1480 to 1495. I thought with 1800 theoretical watts it would peg the readings at 1500.:confounded:
At least with overpaneling, you can squeeze out a bit more power on cloudy days.

Not all panels produce less than their ratings mine don’t. Most losses people see are for reasons like mentioned here with the amperage limited by the MPPT or because of cable losses. Something Like the Renogy 200 watt panel never had a chance of producing the full 200 watt even if it was capable.

For the B300 a panel that has an Operating Voltage no less than 25 volts should be used if you want to get close to the 200 watt maximum. That is quite difficult to find in a 200 watt panel but I have seen some 250 watt panels that are 25v.

I have 12 panels…everyone with 40V and 200W.
This is the perfekt Configuration for the AC300!

I have three 100 watt panels, (300 watts total) can I charge 2 b300 batteries with a splitter, (a solar y connector)
I believe each battery has a 200 watt limit.
would hate to lose the extra 100 watts.

Hi @bry899

You need to stay with the 60Voc Range. The max input for one B300 is 200Watts.

As far i know the splitter dont “stop” an overvoltage. If you connect more than 60Voc, it dont split 30V and 30V for example. I wouldnt try it with the risk of killing the mppt of the B300

greetings
Erik

OK Thanks, for the help.
Each panel is:
Maximum Power Voltage (Vmpp): 18.71V
Open-Circuit Voltage (Voc): 22.24V
So 3 panels would be too much.
I’ll add another line and do 2-100 watt panels to 1 b300 battery, and 1- 100 watt panel to the other b300 battery.