Advice for Solarpanels needed AC300

Would it be possible to use three of the JA Solar Panels JAM72S10-410/MR in series on one string on the AC300? VOC is 50.12V. This would exceed the maximum Voltage of 150V by a little. Would it be tolerable? What will happen if the temperature is decreasing? I guess the voltage is increasing.
Thanks in advance.

The voltage must not exceed 150V, otherwise the device may break.

The colder it is, the more V is created.

Vcc + (temperature coefficient of Voc x temperature difference) = maximum open circuit voltage.

If it gets to -10°C you have a temperature difference of 35 (STC at 25°C + -10°C = 35)

With my panels as an example
49.91V + (0.272%/°C x 35) = 59.43V

I hope this helps you

1 Like

Hallo Johnny,
thank you very much for your reply.
That’s exactly what I wanted to know. Do you know wether there is a build-in overvoltage protection which protects the AC300 if the voltage exceeds the 150V?
Thank you!!!
Chris

Hallo Johnny,
thank you very much for your reply.
That’s exactly what I wanted to know. Do you know wether there is a build-in overvoltage protection which protects the AC300 if the voltage exceeds the 150V?
Thank you!!!
Chris

There is likely some over-voltage protection but I don’t know by how much and Bluetti don’t disclose this. My educated guess is that 10V or so over 150V should be fine, but don’t take my word for it.

On my EB150 I accidentally tested the over-voltage protection. The EB150 will only accept PV charging if the voltage is below 60V but I fed it 92V (+50%) for a few seconds and it did not break and just displayed an over-voltage error.

1 Like

You’re welcome.
Unfortunately I can’t tell you how high you can go above the 150 V.
I faced the same problem as I want to get the maximum 3000W solar charge with as few panels as possible.
That’s why I ordered the D300S because I don’t have to worry about the voltage here because the device processes up to 550 V.

Tank you!
Are you happy with the D300s?

currently I still have to wait because the D300S will not be delivered until December.
I pre-ordered the device as part of the AC500 campaign

Thank you. Quite expensive!

Yes, unfortunately.
but I’ve spent days looking for PV panels that come close to 2x1500W.
Unfortunately, in my region (Germany -10 degrees) the VCC are quickly over 50V at 400W+ and since I only have 3 panels per strand it was worth it to me.
I hope that the system will last me 10+ years.

SirRichard…until you decide to spend mega $$ on the voltage reducer, do what I did…split your panels into two arrays, you can do that via the DC1 and DC2 connections on the cable. Then you still get your maximum input with minimum expense. I have 3x340Watt panels on DC1 and the 4th. 340 Watt panel on DC2 and at full sun am cranking out (rather in) often over 1500 Watts input and still well under the max Voltage that each MPPT can handle.