AC70P Minimum SoC setting?

Is there a setting on the AC70P or on the app to turn off the power station at a minimum SoC? I read a warning not to run the battery down below 5%, but I don’t see in the manual where it shows how to set a minimum SoC.

My understanding of Bluetti Power Banks is that even if your display shows zero capacity, there is still some in reserve you can’t get to. However, with all rechargeable batteries it’s better to limit discharge to nearer 20% SOC for longevity. Unfortunately, this is on you to manage observing the SOC.

You can discharge to 0% without any worries.
You do this when calibrating the BMS.
The Bluetti batteries are designed for this. You can also charge the batteries to 100%.
Don’t be afraid.

1 Like

Can you explain how this is done please?

With pleasure!
You have to charge the battery to 100%.
Then discharge it (preferably via AC) to zero.
Do not charge it with AC, DC or solar meanwhile.
Then switch off the AC70P, wait 1 or 2 minutes, switch on and charge it evenly with AC to 100%.
This calibrates the BMS.
Depending on how intensively you use the AC70P, you should do this every 3-4 months.

1 Like

@Akel, Great info. Thanks much.

1 Like

No problem…give me an Like please… ;-)

1 Like

One point, when discharging for calibration, don’t load it to maximum, it’s better with a constant load i.e resistive and say at 1/3 to 1/2 load. (500W to 900W. Then recharge on standard or silent modes not turbo charge.
A small heater or similar.

2 Likes

I agree. I forgot to mention it.
Thanks!

1 Like