AC70C Running My Fridge?

I’m testing my new AC70P running our standard fridge and it’s drawing about 375 watts. The fridge is shaking a bit which it does not do when plugged into the wall. Is this normal?

@MisterK AC70P supports 2000W lifting power, so powering your standard fridge should be no problem. :)

@MisterK do you have the power frequency set to the correct frequency hertz for your region? Additionally you should only use Power Lift for resistive loads like kettles or heating elements. I wouldn’t recommend using Power Lift for fridge. But the AC70 should handle the startup surge normally if it is not too high. Hopefully it is as simple as setting the correct frequency.

1 Like

I have Power Lifting on and the frequency set to 60 Hz. I did two firmware updates this morning. I will test again today and report back. Again, here’s what was happening; My fridge does not shake when plugged into the wall outlet, but it did when running off the AC70P.

@MisterK as I mentioned, I don’t recommend having Power Lifting on as the fridge is not a resistive load. Hope you can solve the issue.

1 Like

I have to say, other than the frequency setting that @Erebus mentioned, the only reason I can think of for a fridge (compressor) to shake would be if it was running when you unplugged it and then immediately plugged it into the power station. That might make the compressor fight against the pressure in the cooling system. If that was the case then wait about 5 minutes when changing the power source for the fridge.

Also, turn power lifting mode off as @Erebus suggested.

2 Likes

I will turn Power Lifting off. Support told me to turn it on yesterday. Also, I ran my fridge from the AC70P all day yesterday. The fridge cycled on and off, and it shook every time the fridge called for power.

It is possible that the power station was using the power lifting mode when the compressor starts. The power station uses reduced voltage to handle the power needs, so maybe the compressor doesn’t like that? I’m not sure of course, but it is possible. Was it an ongoing shaking, or briefly at start-up of the compressor?

It is still shaking, and it shakes all the time the fridge is running using the AC70P.

I tested making a pot of coffee, charging my M12 and M18 batteries, running my shop vac (1100 watts!), a commercial fan, and my freezer in our garage. All of those work fine. The freezer does not shake.

I bought this to run a 12 volt car fridge. I bought one yesterday and it will be here next week. I hope that works.

1 Like

I really don’t understand why your fridge shakes when running on the AC70, it’s quite odd. I have 2 freezers, and 2 fridges, plus our home’s water pump (120 volt) all running on my AC300, and I’ve never seen anything unusual in how they operate.

I wish I had another power station to test, or another fridge. I’m not going to test on a neighbor’s fridge! I’m making an assumption that the problem is with my fridge, even though that makes no sense.

When a fridge compressor turns on, it can have a power draw spike of less than a second, before it settles down to around 300W. It might be possible that the power draw spike could be higher than the 1000W that the AC70 is rated to supply.

I have the same problem, my freezer shakes when running on the AC70 (when not connected to the grid / UPS / bypass mode). I ran the same test with my AC200L and everything works fine. I noticed that when connected to the AC200L the power pulled from the freezer is around 170W, but when connected to the AC70 the power goes up to 300W and that’s when it starts shaking.

That is interesting. I have no way to test another fridge or power station. It’s too bad that support does not know why this shaking happens.