AC50S input watts reset loop

Occasionally my AC50S will have an issue where I plug it into a power source (12V in car, solar panel, another battery, etc.) and the input watts will steadily increase to 50-60 then drop to zero.

This repeats in a loop over and over. No error message code is ever thrown.

Most recent it happens when trying to charge off a lifepo4 battery via dc5521 plug.

Wasn’t sure what to search for, anyone else encounter this or have an idea what the cause is?

Thanks!

Are you sure you source can Handel around 10A discharge current?

Hey! Thanks for the response. The paperwork for the battery shows max 20A discharge. Here are the specs.

Battery parameters:

• Battery Capacity: 20Ah
  • Battery Power: 256Wh
  • Battery Voltage: 12.8V
  • Maximum Charge / Discharge Current: 20A
  • Maximum Charge Voltage: 14.5V
  • Discharge Cut-Off Voltage: 10V
  • DC output/input size: 5.5*2.1mm

I don’ŧ know about the AC50 but my EB3S needs at least 14V to properly charge ( even if they claim it will work with 12VOC)
So maybe. you battery voltage drops under load to what ever your power station needs?

Or maybe its just broken?

I’m going to agree with @lambda and suggest that the voltage is dropping too low for charging. The low point is 12 volts on the AC50s, and it the case of both the car (if it’s not running), and the battery the voltage may well drop below that with higher current being drawn. If you have a second battery try putting two in series (the max input voltage is 40 volts), and see it that makes it stable. Try the car charging with the car engine running. For the solar panel, is it too close to the 12 volts also?