AC500 Standalone Kit

Is the standalone kit the solution to the neutral grounding issue that others have been reporting with the Reliance Pro Trans? I have 2 AC 500 units and 4 B300s batteries that I want to hook up to run 8 110 circuits and 1 220 (well pump). Will this standalone unit work and is it complete or is there anything else I need? I do not plan to charge from grid, only solar, but would like the option eventually. I had planned on using the Reliance Pro Trans2 but am scared to order one after reading so many problems. The Pro Trans looked easy to hook up based on the videos. I’m not an electrician but have done regular home maintenance electrical such as pool pumps and wiring new construction outlets.

@skypossum What specifically is the neutral grounding issue you are referring to?
Do you need a single phase or split phase AC500 system? I can send you the wiring diagram for reference.

I have heard that using the Reliance Pro Trans 2 is problematic for the AC500 when charging from the grid while AC output because of a shared neutral. Is this correct? I prefer the Reliance Pro Trans if it will work with no problems or damage to my AC500s. . Also, please send both single and split phase diagrams. I will start with single phase, then wire for split phase after summer.

Thank you!

@skypossum AC500 can work with Reliance distribution box.
As for the wiring diagram, I have sent it to your email, please check :)

Is the wiring diagram available online or do we need to request it? I also need it.

I did not receive the email. Please send it to martinrobertjay@gmail.com

Thank you!

@skypossum Yes, I have sent it to your email yesterday.
Please check your inbox/spam folder for the title: How to build a partial home backup system with AC500+B300S (US standard) 20221219.pdf

1 Like

@rolltide Sorry, the forum does not support sending files, documents
So it can only be sent to you by email. I have sent the wiring diagram to your forum account bound email.

1 Like

The email is not showing up. Maybe the email address you have is not correct. It should be martinrobertjay@gmail.com. Please resend to this address.

Thank you!

@skypossum Already resent, please kindly check :)

1 Like

Received, Thank you!