AC500 alarm code 097 BMS temperature abnormal , new to this community

Hi just received my AC 500 today hooked up battery and powered on problem when i pugged into AC to charge ii got an alarm
BMS temp abnormal 097
tried with and without a extension cord same thing

appreciate any input
my guess it may be going back for repair???

Mine did that once when it was off for a few weeks in a cold but not freezing garage. I put a space heater near it for a while and it’s worked fine since then. Apparently the battery heater only works with the unit powered on and plugged into AC.

1 Like

Hi Eric, i guess i should have patience but when you pay over 4K for something it’s hard,

you are 100% correct it arrived on wednesday i put it in the garage nights have been in the 20s i moved it the house friday to test and set up after the error msg i let it sit for many hrs and then kept trying …boom now is working very happy.

thanks so much for the info look fwd to installing this in our off grid cabin

1 Like

@jsrore Is it reported when charging or discharging? What was the ambient temperature at the time of use? Can it be used normally after clearing the alarm?

just charging, and since the unit was brand new in the box sitting in 20F temps when i brought it in the house and set it up it did not dawn on me the temps of the batt…after it warmed up its working fine

I have the same problem. Brandnew, received today. I switched it on, Battery B300S is charged 50%. After connecting with the PV cable (2PV modules 480 W) I got the alarm and charging does not work with PV. Temperature is about 5 °C. What do I need to do? I read that the system can be used down to -10°C due to a heating system of the battery? The alarm cannot be cleared when the PV cable is connected. After disconnecting the PV cable, the alarm disappears.

You need to warm it up before charging, don’t know why but that seems to be the trend.

Eric102 is correct let the batt warm up and it should work, from what i gather has to be plugged into power for the batt heaters to work