Ac300 solar input question, and 24v output question

not sure if anyone is using one of these yet (still waiting patiently for mine, with one b300 battery…) but i have a solar input question: i have some panels (3s2p) that can put out 110v working and 18 amps in ideal conditions - almost 2000 watts. that power comes in on one set of cables. can i use a parallel mc4 connector, the one used to join parallel panel strings, as a “splitter” - in effect using it backwards- to split the incoming 2000 watts into 2 streams, so that i can pour the entire 2000 watts into charge port 2 with the included mc4-aviation cable (1000 w per side)? the voltage is in range (<150v) and i’m hoping the 18 amps would roughly divide 50/50, also in range (<12). if that would work i’d be golden on a sunny day…
second question - pass through charging. is the 24v dc output really about 28v, or is it 24? can i charge a 24 v lithium battery (with BMS) through it? of course, i could always plug a 110 v charger into the inverter and use that, but wondering if it can be done more efficiently to avoid inverter losses. thinking about making a large extra 24v battery as storage, and would like to charge it through the ac300. thanks!

Yes in theory. The AC300 charge port inputs will limit the current, and even if only one input is used, it will not exceed its limit nor can the panels output more that the limit. Let us see if someone from Bluetti responds to your query.

@chemosabe99 Hi there,

AC300 has two MPPT and two MC4 connectors. You don’t need others. Two MC4 connectors are in parallel. Each of them connect 3 solar panels in series.

DC output is 24V.
Yes, you can charge 24V lithium battery through it.

1 Like

From your description, you have a single string that maxes out at 110V and 18A
The AC300 has 2 MPPT input, each capable of 1200W, 150V and 12A max. You cannot exceed 150V without risk of damage, but can exceed 12A (though it just won’t use more than 12A and you loose power potential.

The unusual thing in your setup is that you want to split a single string into two MPPT input connected in parallel. I don’t know if that would actually work well. Each of the MPPT would try to set their own voltage and current to maximize input. For example, they typically “sweep” the current from near 0A to max A to see how the voltage respond and then pick the maximum power point of VxI. If the 2 parallel connected MPPT not perfectly in sync, they may “fight” each other, potentially resulting in unpredictable results. I don’t think it would cause damage, as the V input is still under 150V, though they may settle at a sub-optimal point, or never settle at all. It may work, but I would be very wary.

Thank you for your words.