AC300 simultaneously throwing error 025 and 026

UPDATE: Since I was updated to DSP v4031.10, I have not had a reoccurrence of the 25/26 error. After 3 cloudy days, I even had several periods when the Grid AC needed to pass through (overnight). I have had AC power connected for over a month and have not received the error.
Now I see v4031.14 is available and quite hesitant to switch to that firmware, since this one is working so well. Can anyone enlighten me on the changes between 10 and 14?
Thanks,
Will

That’s awesome, I have no option to download that DSP version (it says I’m up to date). How did you get the new version? Thanks!

If it says your DSP is up to date (and states version v4031.14) then you have the latest version. I have an older version .10 - - - It was version .09 where I experienced the 25/26 error quite often to where I unplugged from the grid. Since version 0.10 it’s been golden!

A month or two ago I went into the app and the section that shows the DSP version, should have a blue button that says “Check Version”. However, I am quite sure that you need to be next to your AC300 (bluetooth range). It does not show if you are using the app outside your network.

If you have the latest version and still receiving the error, that would be concerning and one of the reasons that I, personally do NOT want to update, in case I start to receive the error, again. (“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!”)
You may want to check with @BLUETTI, but I don’t believe you can go back to a prior firmware version.

Here we go again. I’m the one who started this thread back in 2022 when my first AC300 failed. It has been about 6 months with my warranty replacement AC300 and it is having the same problems with errors 00 025, 00 026, 01 025, and 01 026.
So far no response from Tech Support. We have been down this road before and it really sucks.
We have another failing AC300. Will it take months to replace? And if so, will the replacement be any better?
Who knows.
Seriously, Bluetti you need to do better.

HI @tpkidd3, I am curious if you recently did a firmware update? I have not updated my firmware since it “seemed” fixed during DSP v4031.10.
I used to get the 25/26 error all the time when I first setup my system and all I did was that DSP update and it was fixed (knock on wood).
Is it possible that a newer firmware update may have “retriggered” that same situation that was happening before v4031.10?

I had not done the update when the issue occurred on my replacement AC300. However, I have since. The errors have not happened since but that is likely because we haven’t had issues with mains power lately.

So you think it may be due to the “AC in” that is causing the 25/26 errors? If it does happen again, an isolation isobar (Tripp lite has an inexpensive one) might help, if you are experiencing power surges, spikes & line noise.

The last few days have been very cloudy (a rarity) and just this morning got my system <6% and running AC in at my full set settings (10amps). Once it (batteries) reached 9% it went to just pass through (first time I have observed actual passthru). The system used exactly what I was consuming e.g. 500 W+ 10-20W (guess to power the inverter). These were the situations that I usually experienced the 25/26 errors. Currently, I have Solar and AC providing power at the same time. So knock on wood, it should continue to work. I think that once I reach 12%, the pass through shuts off and just the AC300 just uses solar to charge. I think it was all the switching off and on from AC in and DC in that threw the 25/26 errors, but I never really got an answer. It could have been a dirty AC line, I’m unsure. Good Luck!
Edit: So yes, at 12% my system, the AC in went to 0 watts and is Providing power and charging solely via Panels only. My SOC setting is 2%, so I guess it adds 10% to that setting to switch off the AC in, completely.

Thanks for the recommendation. I am using a Hughes Autoformers PWD30-EPO. The challenge with the Tripp Lite Isobar is current. They don’t handle 30A. And line conditioners that can handle 30A get expensive fast.

Oh yeah, sorry, I am just using a regular AC line in @ 10 amps max setting.

One of Bluetti’s recommend fixes was to lower the charge draw to 5A and reduce my inverter use as well. Which seemed a bit like, “Thanks for spending all this money on an AC300, but to make it work properly you need to use it like it’s an AC50.” Trying to keep my sense of humor, but Bluetti needs to fix these systems, perhaps recall all those with these boards and replace them. More likely scenario is to just run out the warranty clock.

1 Like

Curious, did you try “not” using your Hughes Autoformer (which looks like an awesome device,btw)? Just curious if there is something else that may be out of sync that interferes with the AC300. I wish that Bluetti could give us a better technical explanation on WHY the 25/26 error is triggered as opposed to saying " try reducing your amps " or it’s your “weak” grid. Also, an explanation on what was done to fix “most” 25/26 errors in one of the firmware updates listed earlier. It may help us diagnose the problem on our own.

Yes. With the previous unit that eventually failed and needed to be replaced. We removed the auto transformer and still got the errors.

I don’t think anyone gets this problem charging only from solar and never plugging into mains power. And given when people do get the error, on generator, before a power outage, during bad weather, etc, is strong evidence it is dirty mains power. Meaning, you need steady reliable mains power to use these systems. If your power tends to go out, like during storms, the Bluetti will also go out.

One thing I do remember when I routinely received the 25/26 error was that it typically occurred around 8am-10am on at least a weekly basis, usually when the PV in really starts going. Also, I believe that I never received the 25/26 error when the AC in was unplugged. Maybe the AC300 internal circuit protection is software/chip driven and the firmware update loosened the restriction of “AC in” tolerances, whatever they were? Who knows, I never got an answer, either. Has it been at least a week since your last 25/26 error and the Update?

Very interesting since my experience was just the opposite. I never got the errors when only on solar. For me, it was always when charging off mains power, usually when the quality of power was questionable, or right before mains power went out.

I never had a problem when on Solar ONLY and AC unplugged.
I never had a problem with the AC “unplugged”
I never had a problem with both AC & Solar unplugged
Only when the AC was plugged in, did I have a problem. The odd thing though I was NOT showing any AC actually being used to charge the batteries or via pass-thru. But it was plugged in.

this is an older thread but its the only one i find on the short circut codes. my ac300 has been working great for about 6 months fully on pv, no grid input at all, running 1 freezer drawing about 200 watts constant, batteries get down to 75 percent over night so i dont think i am in any way over using the system. this week all of a sudden i get the 025 and 026 short circut codes and the unit shuts down. how do you get the updates. i tried pluging into grid and using the unit in ups mode and get the same short circut codes. i can clear the codes and the unit works for a day then trips out again. i dont understand the running great and all of a sudden needing an update to run correctly. i will try and lower the amps down like is suggested. my pv system is double 1200 watt for a total of 2400 which is what the system is made to handle, the voltages are about 130 on each leg which is under the 150 max and i have never seen the input above 2000 watts, usually its around 1200 total input from pv