AC300 no longer works

Support is shipping me two new B300s.

I asked what I could do to prevent this from happening again. They indicated it was likely due to over discharge. They recommended configuration settings to stop power output at 20% charge. However, they admitted this would still draw down the battery from idle draw.

I told them that I am using this for off grid solar, and my system was overdrawn due to idle draw (so that setting would not help me). They agreed and said I should keep an eye on the charge and not let it get to low.

In other words, these systems appear to be inappropriate for unattended off grid use. Unfortunately, Iā€™ll need to rethink how I use these devices due to this major flaw.

1 Like

after a few weeks, the support took some reaction of my call. but it donĀ“t helped so much.
i tried following:

1. do nothing for 10-14 days to regenerate the battery cells
  2. i tried to load one of the B300 with a external 12V - and after these days it worked !! but only with one of the two B300
  3. i connected ac300 & both b300 in a daisy chain. the in the meantime regenerated and loaded b300 at the end. in detail: ac300 + empty b300 + half loaded b300
  4. i turned on the external 230v-power supply to ac300 and: the drained b300 in the middle begun also to load.

my conclusion:
Bluetti-devices are NOT for standalone use with solar. you have to use always an external power supply to prevent a 100% drain.
this means, i have also to rethink my solar-concept. iĀ“ll try to sell this stuff and look for alternatives beside bluetti.

1 Like