AC300 - new download for IOT firmware available (v9014.12)

Today I saw for the first time an available downoad for AC300 firmware - without special request / demand.
For IOT component there is firmware version 9014.12 available - currently installed 9014.10
I much appreciate this approach
However I would like to get some information about change log.

Does anybody know about details ?

@BLUETTI I already suggested in another thread to publish such information either in this forum - or even better on public web site. Version / release +change log. I think this is best practise for good customer service.
I highly recommend to take a look at vendor AVM (www.avm.de) on how they perform such a service. In my views this is a very good reference.

5 Likes

Indeed. Being a pessimist I am always nervous doing firmware updates and a change log would be handy when weighing up the risk vs rewards

3 Likes

I have noticed that the Bluetti app will only show and allow firmware updates when the AC300 is access under Bluetooth, not under WiFi. So for all you AC300 owners, use the Bluetooth icon to access each AC300, then see and apply any firmware updates. Then remember that the AC300 will disconnect for a few seconds while the firmware is applied after pressing the “Start” button.

3 Likes

There is always a small risk that a firmware update fails to install correctly. And this usually requires hands-on service by a Bluetti technician. A few months ago there was a technical problem with the Bluetti app updating the AC200Max firmware and this caused many AC200Max devices to require factory service to restore them.
So if you want to update your firmware, it may be the safest option to wait a bit and see if any issues come up in the forums during the next few weeks.

Also, don’t update your firmware if your device works fine and you are in critical need of your Bluetti to be available. For example, if it is your only power source or as backup power for medical devices.

3 Likes

Yes my biggest concern is bricking it and having to freight it back to Sydney (from Adelaide)

I (think) I have sorted the max SoC issue and will test the low SoC grid charge again soon as Winter is on its way down under. I can work around this manually so no real urgency.

@FrankH This update has some optimizations for MQTT connections.
BLUETTI firmware update does not have change log display. System updates are generally bug updates or add new features, and in general are pushed to improve the user experience.
Thank you in advance for your kind understanding.

1 Like

Thanks @BLUETTI for the information

Sounds like the new firmware is targeting the WIFI connectivity issue between the mobile app and the AC300
Exactly this kind of information I would like to get more proactively und in some level of detail (bugs solved, features added or enhanced, etc.). I don’t mean a log display on the AC300 itself - but a publication in this forum or ona kind of “service/support” area on the Bluetti product site

2 Likes

@BLUETTI - are there any firmware updates for the AC200MAX? Seems a long time since the last one.

@dr_torch If there is a big difference in the power display of your AC200MAX, we will have new firmware. But without this problem, it is not recommended to update to the latest firmware. :)

Today I saw another firmware available. Now for DSP module. The version number is 4036.07
What features or fixes are tackled by this one?

And: is there any feedback on the new IOT firmware initially mentioned here (9014.12) ??

@BLUETTI again my request/demand: please provide infomation on new firmware far more pro-activly. Information about new versions available and detailed information about feature enhancements or bugs fixed.

I updated my AC300 to 9014.12 because i had some trouble with the bluetooth connection. After the update the bluetooth connection is even more unstable.
@BLUETTI ist there a way to downgrade back to 9014.10?

@tobias77 I’m very sorry, the machine cannot be downgraded after IOT upgrade.
What is the unstable Bluetooth connection you are referring to? Does it disconnect frequently?

Yes. It connects for some seconds and then it reconnects in a loop.

@tobias77 Please try unbundling your machine and logging into your account again to see if the situation improves.

I updated my AC300/B00 firmware with two updates:
IOT v9014,12
DSP v4036,07

Both installed without problems.

I had to disable WiFi connection for my AC300 for the firmware update button to become visible.

Thanks for the feedback. Did you experience any changes in behavior, or maybe some new features (on the device or within the app) ?

No, I haven’t. The unit is off most of the time because it has too much idle power drain to use as UPS. I’m using it as offline backup power source now.

I wish Bluetti publish change logs. My AC300/B300 is running fine (as far as I can see). Don’t know if I should chance it with a firmware update.

Let us know what you see different.

How much idle power drain would you say there is when used as a pass through UPS?

More than 40 watts. It’s hard to measure because in UPS mode the unit will continuously drain the battery from 100% to 99% and recharge it. This is because the AC300 and battery internal electronics always use battery power even when utility power is good. This creates quite an overhead and slightly wears out the battery over time. Details here: