AC300 MPPT Inputs

I am new to solar and purchased the AC300 thru a reseller. I have (6) 200watt panels connected in series to one of the two MPPT inputs (DC1) on my AC300 (1200watts). I was told by the reseller that this is the max solar input that I can add to the system even thou the system is rated for 2400 watts input. Just wanted to confirm that indeed I can add another 1200 watts of solar to the system using the second set of input cables (DC2) on the AC300.(Total 2400 watts)

Rich Solar MEGA200 - 200 watt panels
Voc - 24.3 amps
Vmp 20.4 volts

System is working great here in Florida (AC300 + (2) B300 batteries, Just wanted to add more panels and more batteries.

2 Likes

@Captain Hi, each port circuit can take up to 150 volts, so you can connenct up to 7 pannels to each port.

Thanks so much for confirming the total solar input on my AC300. I plan on adding 6 more panels and two more B300 batteries.

First you mixed something up with your Voc which should be Volts!

If I asume you have 24,3V x 6 = 145,8V which sounds good BUT!!! you also have to use the temperature delta and tolerance of your panels datasheet to calculate for the worst case.

If I do this here in germany for winter with -20°C I see a voltage of 167,74V (6 panels) with tolerance and temperature coefficient from a typical solar panel datasheet. This means you will destroy your mppt with this overvoltage in winter!

Last point:
Bluetti often gives bad advises like this (you can use 7 panels) because the employees maybe are not as professional as you think.

Use a real professional or do much research to save your investment.

p.s. You have to do the same for the amperes because there you have this situation in summer.

1 Like

Also: I use both inputs (PV1 AND PV2) each with 1.200W solar input) on AC300 which got me often the max input of 2.400W.

And now the best trick:
You can add another ~400W per B300 if you use the D050S with separate solar panel on the separate DC-input of each B300.

This means a max solar input of 4.000W with 4 B300 batteries attached on AC300.

AC300 is really a beast if you now how to handle!

1 Like

The B300 battery can take 200 watts, max 60 volt each without the DO50S charge enhancer as well.