AC300 Dual AC wall outlet charging

I have one of these units coming in the next 3-4 weeks. When reviewing the on-line manual I am confused as to whether or not dual AC charging is possible. The T500 unit shown in the manual looks to have a two wire lead to charge the AC300 unit. Does that charger come with the AC300? If I had an additional T500 could I also connect to the AC300? If so what sort of connector would be required?

In theory you should be able to use one of the solar inputs. You could use a T500, connect to a DC7909 to MC4 cable, and treat that MC4 terminated connection as close to 500 watts of solar. When I get mine I plan to test this, but it looks like it should work. That said you may want to make sure the T500 is plugged in to a different circuit than the primary AC charging.

Thank for the input. Please advise if your solution works when you receive your unit.

I can find no listing for a DC7909 to MC4 cable. Are they available?

The AC300 already supports a very high charge rate from the built in AC charger, which is adjustable from 10-30A (default 15A). Is there any reason why you want to charge it even faster than that? I think the limit is not single or dual AC input for the AC300, but the capability of your AC system even when using the single stock AC input.

Hi @FncRnr,

No, T500 will not come with AC300. The cable connecting with T500 and AC300 is not available yet.

How is the AC300 charged?

They exist but Bluetti is not (as of now) selling them. The cable I am talking about would have a female DC7909 on one end, and MC4 connectors on the other end, and would connect to one of the MC4 pairs on the PV charging cable. I’m building quite a collection of aftermarket cables to use as adapters for different inputs.

Keep in mind that you can also directly charge a B300 with a T500 charger. It has both an XT90 input for up to 200 watts of solar and a DC7909 input for up to 500 watts AC. So if you have the T500 charger, you don’t even need to use the AC300 to charge the battery – you can bypass it and charge the battery directly – which might even be a little more efficient.

The AC300 just plugs into the wall socket with the included charging cable. 110V AC 15A default. There is an optional cable that can charge it at up to 30A. Basic included cable can already charge at 1500W

2nd what you have already read here, the AC300 can wall recharge up to whatever your socket can supply. If you do the trick of feeding the output from a T500 into the DC output, make sure it is from an outlet on a different circuit breaker the main AC input outlet.

Even though Bluetti doesn’t yet have the cable to plug the T500 into the AC300 DC input, it is not a complex cable. I bought this and it works:

There is only one situation with the AC300 where buying the T500 is useful. That is to charge it slower, not faster.

The AC300 stock min AC charge rate is 10A, or around 1100-1200W. So if your AC circuit cannot supply that, then you may want to buy the T500 so you can charge it at 500W instead.

In another thread I started a while ago, I suggested that bluetti would allow the AC charge rate to be adjusted all the way down to 5A, allowing a 5-30A range instead of 10-30A range for this exact reason. Hopefully they would do it in the future.

1 Like

Well, there is one more — if you can plug it in from outlets on two different circuits, you can plug a T500 in from a different circuit and get close to an additional 500 watts over what you could get from just the AC input before tripping the breaker. But you are right in that it is one way to get around the 10 amp minimum from built in AC charging.

1 Like

Thanks for the info on the Amazon lead.

That cable is rated at 15 A so in theory it can charge at 1800 watts. In my case, my two AC300 have displayed up to 1780 watts at the AC input display. But most AC300 owners want to input over 15 A, yet Bluetti has not offered the AC charging cable for 30 A.

If you have a 30 amp RV plug installed you can charge faster.

No, my home has a L14-30R outlet that I installed myself since it is a permanent structure, not an RV. That cable will not work in my home, and I still need two. If I can buy the two Weipu aviation connectors, I can build the needed cable myself for much less than $79.