AC300 "clicking" on/off

Hello.

I have an AC300 with four B300. I have 2400w solar input connected; 1200 to each PV charge controller.

A number of times a day, the AC300 will start with a “clicking” sound; maybe like a breaker tripping on/off. During this “clicking” the AC Load bulb will be changing shades of yellow on/off.

When this starts, I have turned off my PV input (a switch I have in between AC300 and panels), and the “clicking” stops.

Once or twice we saw a 057 Grid Voltage High (not every time of the “clicking”), but during day we don’t have Grid on (I have it set for off-peak only).

The “clicking” lasts different durations, but does stop within maybe a minute or so max.

Any ideas cause of “clicking” and possible solutions I can try?

Thank you,

Randy

Hi @RandyHann, Is your AC300 always connected to the solar panels, even at night? The weak voltage from the solar panels might not be able to charge at night, but it can repeatedly wake up the AC300 and attempt to charge, leading to significant power consumption. We recommend disconnecting the solar panels and turn off the machine at night when charging is not possible and reconnecting them in the morning when there is sunlight.
When you mentioned, “Once or twice we saw a 057 Grid Voltage High (not every time of the “clicking”), but during day we don’t have Grid on (I have it set for off-peak only).” We have a new DSP could resolve this problem, can you tell us the SN number and current DSP version, and your country? Then we will push it to your AC300.

Thank you.

DSP: v4031.08
SN: AC3002211001248285

It says new Versions for IoT and ARM also. Should I update these also? If so, how?

Thank you again. Enjoying muchly my AC300 setup here.

Randy

I have the same problem with my AC300 and also with my AC500.
However, the devices are in my holiday home and I can’t switch anything off in the evening and on in the morning.
Is customized firmware the solution for this?
I think the devices should automatically switch the charge controllers on and off when the voltage of the panels reaches a certain threshold.