AC300 charging and main panel hook up

Hi room

I’m looking into initially getting the Bluetti bundle of 2 AC300 + 2 B300 + 1 P030A with upgrading to solar panels and additional batteries down the line. My questions are:
1- I have an existing Generac gas generator GP7500 that I purchased 10 years ago. Can I charge this Bluetti system with this gas generator and if so what cables do I need to do so - can I use 15 amp plug/connector provided buy Bluetti or do they offer a 30 amp plug/connector.
2- Can I connect this Bluetti system from the top 30 amp (4 prong) output on the AC300 fusion box into the my existing 30 amp input I use for my gas generator.

Thank you

Frank Cultrera

1- I have an existing Generac gas generator GP7500 that I purchased 10 years ago. Can I charge this Bluetti system with this gas generator.

My answer - depends if your 10 year old generac can generate clean enough power within the specs needed by the ac300 as stated in the ac300 manual. If close to 60hz /120v and descent sine wave you should be ok.

can I use 15 amp plug/connector provided buy Bluetti or do they offer a 30 amp plug/connector.

Answer- yes you can use the 15a standard supplied ac300 power chord and plug into the grid or generator power.

Charging over 15a requires a password from bluetti.

There is a 30a L14-30p power chord sold by bluetti for charging a single non split phase ac300.
There is also a 30a L14-30p split phase power chord for charging 2 ac300 simultaneous when the 2 ac300 are used in split phase mode .

2- Can I connect this Bluetti system from the top 30 amp (4 prong) output on the AC300 fusion box into the my existing 30 amp input I use for my gas generator.

Answer - if I read your question correctly, the fusion box l14-30r outlet provides 240v output if your split phase is correctly set up. and the 30a L14-30r is compatible to any other L14-30r outlet. I can connect this using the L14-30p on my transfer switch to supply back up power to the house.

Thanks for your response

How do I find out about my generators pure sine wave capabilities and if it doesn’t meet the required specs what happens- is it a safety issue or it could possibly damage the inverter?

Also, I plan on connecting the two inverters to the fusion box, then from the fusion box using a standard 30 amp 4 prongs cable (from my gas generator)to plug it into my existing 30 amp plug. So this requires a call to bluetti to unlock? I’m told that my water pump needs 240 v

Thanks

In order to see the sine wave generated, you need an oscilloscope. To see the generator power output in hz or volts, the generator sometimes have the readings displayed or get an meter like kill-a-watt and plug it into the generator outlet. If the hz and volts are steady then I would think the sine wave is good. So I don’t think you need an oscilloscope.

If the ac300 does not like the input power it should give an alarm and it should not charge. I think there are built in protected circuitry. But I am not sure literate there.

There is no unlock for ac300 output. The password is for allowing the ac300 to input/charge at more than 15a.

Thank you again for your input. Also wondering the return policy. Not sure if I’m reading the policy right - I have up to 30 days to return provided I did not unboxed the system. I realize if I used the system it’s not returnable, but just for unboxing the system it causes a non-returnable event

Thank you

Sorry. No idea about return policy.
I am keeping mine and never thought of returning even when I was thinking about buying. my experience so far is they have been very good. Although the product is not perfect but I am happy with it. They will work with you. But their sales and service is very short handed. Their supply chain and the covid situation adds to their prolonged response times. You have to tolerate and be patient and I have always gotten their response and their cooperation. But to each it’s own as some customers may have less tolerance and patience.

Copy thanks. Greatly appreciate your response and input.