AC240 AC Power Use SoC Query

@BLUETTI_CARE thank you. I am very experienced with recalibrations. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@BLUETTI_CARE I am pleased to say that after the latest recalibration, the AC240 SoC display seems to be a lot more accurate in my initial testing.

Using the same test parameters as before with the 650 watt kettle, each 2 minute 30 second boil has been taking between 2 and 4% instead of 11 to 15%. I believe an average of 3% per boil should be inline with the available capacity, which appears to be only around 1200Wh at best.

I’ve noticed that when I do a full recharge after draining and shut down, only between 1100 and 1200 watts is drawn from the Grid according to the App statistics. I would have expected closer to 1380 watts with the stated 1536Wh capacity, so there appears to be about a 200Wh shortfall.

However, I am extremely excited to see a more accurate SoC after the update, and I hope it will continue to improve with further cycles.

Thank you very much for your continued assistance with this.

2 Likes

Hi, the charging rate on grid should be 1100-1200W if it is set to Standard. Silent is 800W and Turbo is 2200W. I noticed the AC240 manual seems to have a typo where they list both Silent and Standard modes as having a 800W charge rate.

I have the AC200L with a 2048Wh capacity and standard charging does it at 1200W.

1 Like

@aaron33 thank you, but I’m talking about the actual amount of watts put back in to the unit for a full charge, not the charging input rate.

Hi @Erebus, Thank you for sharing the test results. We’re glad to hear that the SOC is now much more accurate. I’ve also shared this update with our engineers, who are very pleased as well.

Regarding the charging power issue, we’d like to confirm the mode you’re using for charging. This behavior is normal, after draining the battery, the internal temperature of the machine rises. To prevent further overheating, the AC240 will limit the charging power.
Generally, we recommend allowing the machine to rest for 3 hours after fully discharging to cool down before resuming charging.

1 Like

Hi @aaron33, Thank you for your attention and reminder. In fact, the manual is correct.
The maximum power for Silent Charging Mode is indeed 800W, but it limits the fan speed, which may result in reduced charging power as the machine’s temperature increases.
For Standard Charging Mode, the charging power is maintained at 800W without limiting the fan speed. It will stay at 800W until the machine is nearly full, at which point the charging speed will be reduced to prevent overcharging.

@BLUETTI_CARE I think there is a misunderstanding. I was not referring to the input charging watts, but the amount of watts taken from the grid to recharge the unit from 0. With 1536wh less the battery protection amount which is usually 10%, you would expect to see around 1380 watts taken from the grid. However, the stats in the app never show more than 1200 watts at best, which makes me think the usable battery capacity is less than expected.

I never use Turbo charging mode to protect the batteries from heat. The input wattage charging rate is perfectly correct for Standard mode at around 850 watts. That is not the issue. Hopefully this clarifies?

Hi @Erebus, Regarding the discrepancy in the Wh value shown by the app for grid input, we believe it might be due to a statistical error within the app. We plan to upgrade your IOT firmware to improve this issue. Is your current IOT version still v9041.06?

If so, we will send you the latest firmware update. You can also try manually calculating the actual charging time and charging power to verify the data.

2 Likes

@BLUETTI_CARE Yes, the IOT version is still the same. Can you please send the update? Thank you again.

Hi @Erebus, we have applied to upgrade your IoT. Our IT department will push the new IoT to your machine in 24 hours. Please upgrade it tomorrow.
Please do not load any device when upgrading it.
Please let us know if it works.

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE thank you. I will install the update once received, but it might be a while before I need to recalibrate again, so I won’t know if the Wh capacity is reported correctly from a 0 to 100% AC charge, or if in fact there is only 1200Wh available.

Hi @Erebus, Thank you for letting us know.
Please take your time, you can update it when you are convenient.
We are expecting your feedback.

1 Like