AC240 AC Power Use SoC Query

Hi @Erebus, Can you take a screenshot after choosing Firmware Upgrade?

@BLUETTI_CARE

Hi @Erebus, I have reported it to our engineer, and they pushed it again. Can you try it later?

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE yes I will keep trying. Still nothing available. How long should it take?

Hi @Erebus, We have pushed the new BMS twice, normally you can receive the new firmware soon.
I think there must be some problem over there.
We suggest you uninstall the Bluetti app and install it again, restart the Bluetooth, and then try to upgrade again. Please let us know if it works.

@BLUETTI_CARE it came in just then and I updated but it didn’t change the version and still says a new version is available.

Hi @Erebus, thank you for getting back to us so quickly.
We have checked your upgrade record, and confirm you have upgraded the BMS successfully. Please ignore the upgrade reminder, we will delete it later.
Please try to do a complete cycle of charge and discharge to correct the SOC. The problem will be resolved.
Please follow the steps below:

1. Please discharge all the power (charge AC & DC appliances with the power station till it is out of power and turns off automatically);
  2. Please charge it again, please do not load any device when charging it, and do not interrupt it while in charge.
  3. Once the power is 100% fully charged, turn off the machine, and leave it the whole day.

Please let us know if it does help.

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE I have updated twice but it is not changing the version number and after the process it still says there is a new version available. Please advise.

@BLUETTI_CARE oh, I expected the new version number would be displayed now. I will see if the upgrade has improved the SoC reporting.

1 Like

Hi @Erebus, Please ignore the reminder, and click cancel upgrade. We confirmed that you have upgraded successfully.
cancel

Please recalibrate the AC240 according to the procedure above.

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE okay. I did it twice because of this message. I hope I didn’t spoil the upgrade!

Hi @Erebus, please don’t worry about it, according to our record, you have upgraded it very well.
We have deleted the upgrade reminder, so you won’t be disturbed again.

1 Like

Hi @Erebus, we wonder if the new firmware works well.
Can you let us know the test result?

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE I am very sorry but I haven’t had the opportunity to drain the AC240 for its recalibration yet. I am hopeful that I can report back to you soon.

Hi @Erebus, I am sorry to disturb you. Please take your time.
Please test it when you are convenient, and let us know the test result.
We are always here waiting for you.

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE Very sorry for the delay. Unfortunately I had a series of personal issues I needed to deal with, including the passing of a very close friend.

Anyway, I have done a recalibration now, but plan to do it again as I don’t think it was successful. I drained the AC240 quite rapidly until shutdown and then immediately recharged from AC using Standard Mode. My testing showed the following mixed results using a 650 watt AC draw, being a kettle that boils in 2.5 minutes.

From 100% charge I did one 2.5 minute boil at 650 watts which used 15%. Way too much.

I did a second boil at 650 watts and the SoC dropped to 70%. So that’s a five minute draw of 650 watts that used 30% of the available charge, according to the display. Not good.

From 70% SoC to 40% each 2.5 minute boil drawing 650 watts only used between 2 and 3%, which is as expected.

Once SoC dropped below 40%, each boil again used between 11 and 15% for a 2.5 minute 650 watt draw. So very inconsistent.

The AC240 has now been on 1% for 2 days as I continue to use the same 650 watt kettle about 4 times per day. I will continue this slower drain until shutdown and recharge again in the hope that the SoC display becomes a little more accurate.

I will report back once the next recalibration has been completed, but for now there appears to be no change to the inaccurate SoC display with the firmware update. Interestingly, the BMS version number has remained the same as it was before the update. Maybe it didn’t actually update?

EDIT UPDATE: @BLUETTI_CARE I have been advised that R&D have not actually completed the firmware update that fixes my issue. The update I received was apparently just a refresh of the earlier version with no fix. That at least explains why there is no change.

Hi @Erebus, We are very sorry to hear about your friend’s situation and hope that everything goes well for you in the future.

Tomorrow is a new day, and I wish you a pleasant weekend.

Our entire technical department is highly focused on your case and is considering creating a new BMS firmware specifically for you. However, it has not yet undergone thorough testing, which does take some time.

If you’re in a hurry, we can push a test version to you as early as next Monday. You can try it out, and if it works well, the issue will be resolved. If it doesn’t work as expected, we can revert to the original version.

We await your confirmation and respect your decision.

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE Thank you for your kind words. There is no hurry so I am happy to wait for the actual tested fix, thank you again.

1 Like

@BLUETTI_CARE I received another update from R&D just after I had completed another recalibration, so the AC240 was at 100% SoC. The update installed successfully as far as I know, but the SoC immediately dropped from 100% to 10% after the update. I assume I’m going to have to drain it again and do yet another recalibration?

Hi @Erebus, Thank you for letting us know.
Yes, if you upgraded the BMS, you should recalibrate it to let it recover the best condtion.
If it is the DSP or other firmware, it is not necessary to recalibrate it.
Please follow the steps below to recalibrate it:

1. Please discharge all the power (charge AC & DC appliances with the power station) until the SOC is 0%, turn off the machine, and leave it for 3 hours till it cools down.
  2. Please charge it again, please do not load any device when charging it, and do not interrupt it while in charge.

You can click this link for reference.

Please let us know if it does help.